American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Racist Dogs?

Go down 
+9
bahamutt99
MSK
pitmamma
Sadieblues
Sydney
NesOne
BlueBullyBabe
buzhunter
RedDoggy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :
Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 5:15 pm

its very easy to say but to live the lives as some of us have its automatic for us to respond the way that i have, but its cool some people are just born ignorant and they cant help it.( lol) i cant do that, comments and topics like these ones only make me stronger and more knowlegable about what to look for. hidden racisim was taught before and after slavery was abolished
its a mental tactic, unlike the old days where it was more physical.

http://www.itsabouttimebpp.com/BPP_Books/pdf/The_Willie_Lynch_Letter_The_Making_Of_A_Slave!.pdf
Back to top Go down
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :
Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 6:10 pm

it would only be offensive if you really feel dogs sence what the owner is feeling. now what does it mean if your not even next to your dog, as in the dogs outside and barks at one person but not the other?? not that your opinions aren't valid it just seems silly to presume everyone is racist because they had "experiences" with thier dogs acting out at a certain person. it sure seems like assuming everyone is racist is a pretty big wieght to walk around with, i know it may seem hard to believe but there are good people out there, you just have to get past your hang ups to see that.
Back to top Go down
MSK
Greeter
MSK

Female
Number of posts : 240
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 6:14 pm

Just to put it out there I am not racist by no means I seen something about me (the one from kentucky) and my whole family is abundant in different ethnicity. I understand some people take it to heart about these conversations but its still just a conversation it could be the same way vise versa for someone else. Just thought I'd clear that up first and foremost. Another thing all the dogs I have had a problem with this specific topic I did not raise. None of the dogs I have actually raised have ever had this type of behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://tntforum.heavenforum.com
MSK
Greeter
MSK

Female
Number of posts : 240
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 6:15 pm

Just to put it out there I am not racist by no means I seen something about me (the one from kentucky) and my whole family is abundant in different ethnicity. I understand some people take it to heart about these conversations but its still just a conversation it could be the same way vise versa for someone else. Just thought I'd clear that up first and foremost. Another thing all the dogs I have had a problem with this specific topic I did not raise. None of the dogs I have actually raised have ever had this type of behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://tntforum.heavenforum.com
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 6:43 pm

Alright guys, this thread wasn't really about racism. Although it's an interesting topic I feel that it's time to close this one before things get out of hand. Please guys, don't implicate anybody over things said in this thread, as it was just a funny title about a dog not being used to seeing peoples of other races.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008, 9:36 pm

locote6174 wrote:
its very easy to say but to live the lives as some of us have its automatic for us to respond the way that i have, but its cool some people are just born ignorant and they cant help it.( lol) i cant do that, comments and topics like these ones only make me stronger and more knowlegable about what to look for. hidden racisim was taught before and after slavery was abolished
its a mental tactic, unlike the old days where it was more physical.

http://www.itsabouttimebpp.com/BPP_Books/pdf/The_Willie_Lynch_Letter_The_Making_Of_A_Slave!.pdf

Ok I was not going to say anything but I will now. I have half black children and this topic is being taken too literally my entire family on my kids side are all african american I grew up in a multicultural area. My dog pedee barks at darker people I have seen it and never said anything but wondered why do I think he could be literally racist ??? Come on now No but could there be a reason why he tends to bark at darker people that us as humans cannot understand because we have no way of actually asking a dog what he feels sure I think it's possible buz brought up a good point about dogs being colorblind maybe this could play a factor... it could be a lot of things but pedee has been raised around african americans and still barks at darker skin folks the breeder I got him from was my kids uncle who is a light skin african american. I don't know what willie lynch and his lynching technique in which he was called to teach the slave master's how to handle his slaves and keep them in a certain mental state has anything to do with this topic. This is just being taken way out of context and shouldn't be. JMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racist Dogs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2