American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game v.s. Show

Go down 
+4
RedDoggy
Tcarter
keith
midwest_showdogs
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :
Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jul 2008, 4:19 pm

if you're happy with what you have then it's all good
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jul 2008, 4:24 pm

midwest_showdogs wrote:
Well I guess i open a can of worms on this post but when i read all of this I tend to see alot of disagreement on this but it is illegeal t test and we really cant test for it. and i might be mistaken on gameness i guess i just dont know anything out of all the years i have been in this breed. i guess i mistake drive for gameness but guess what it works for me without testing. and around theses parts i have some really good bulldogs so i guess im doing something wrong/right?

From reading through these threads you sound like a very expeirenced dog handler. I love reading your posts. Thanks for all the information you have provided on the forum beer
Back to top Go down
midwest_showdogs
V.I.P.
midwest_showdogs

Male
Number of posts : 132
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jul 2008, 4:43 pm

your welcome and yeah a few years
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Jul 2008, 2:28 am

This subject always opens a can. Just a lot of opinions is what it basically is. I've been with these dogs for a lot of years too. I tend to avoid the mainstream of both sides, game and show. I find it easier to just associate with people who love the breed for whatever reason that they do. Casual conversation gives all fanciers an opportunity to understand differing perspectives.
Back to top Go down
redsky

redsky

Female
Number of posts : 34
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008, 11:04 am

Well I haven't read everyones reply but my thoughts on game vs show is this (as a person with experience in both) I like a pitbull that can exell in every area not just weight pull or conformation (show dog as it's been termed) but a dog that can become the total dog and to do this the dog must not only have the drive and will do it but also the look (structure) so there shouldn't be a game vs show but what it is an AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER. I'll be the first to admit the dogs I now own are nothing like their ancestors but does that make them less of a pit because the look has changed because every single one of them (well take that back one of em has no drive yet but he's only five months) has the drive desired! I think folks need to stop worrying about whose dog looks better or whose dog has more drive and worry more about keeping the total package on their own yard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redskypitbulls.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game v.s. Show   Game v.s. Show - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game v.s. Show
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3