American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is Game

Go down 
+4
RedDoggy
NesOne
littlecountry
Admin
8 posters

is game
The willingness to complete any task at hand.
What is Game Vote_lcap41%What is Game Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
The willingness to fight to the death with no regard to pain or injury, (something that can only be determined in the box)
What is Game Vote_lcap59%What is Game Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :
What is Game Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is Game Right_bar_bleue

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2008, 11:05 am

Which one best describes your interpretation of game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Number of posts : 154
Personalized field : TO THE CORNER
Warnings :
What is Game Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is Game Right_bar_bleue

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 10:02 am

the game text is a 15 month old dog put with 3 older dogs 10 min per dog and if it scratches on all 3 then its game
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlecountrykennels.com/
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 1:24 pm

Damn, so with that logic, if a dog will scratch after only 30 minutes it's game?
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 4:33 pm

I dunno about being able to call a dog game after a couple of scratches...
If it curs out in a match and you called it game you were dead wrong. I go with the second definition, cause thats what it is. Oh yeah the thing wouldn't let me vote either. Good thread, gonna get hot!
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 4:51 pm

its the whole fresh dog after 10 min you put a fresh dog n
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 5:28 pm

http://www.gamedogs.com/

go to game test i stand corrected ive always herd use 3 dogs but it is not

Game Test - To test the degree of gameness by consecutively rolling and scratching a dog after tiring, to a fresh dog

from Gamedogs Dictionary
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 6:51 pm

I think there is grit, determination, stalwartness... all things that can be proven outside the pit. But with all the things that come attached to the infamous "G" word, we should be pretty clear about its useage. Gameness has it's useage in activities other than the pit, but the truest -- and many would say the only -- way to determine if a dog actually has it is to put them down against another good dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 8:57 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:
I think there is grit, determination, stalwartness... all things that can be proven outside the pit. But with all the things that come attached to the infamous "G" word, we should be pretty clear about its useage. Gameness has it's useage in activities other than the pit, but the truest -- and many would say the only -- way to determine if a dog actually has it is to put them down against another good dog.

i agree
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 9:15 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:

If we had a reputation system you would get points!
Back to top Go down
Marty
V.I.P.
Marty

Male
Number of posts : 202
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 10:12 pm

Gameness is not the willingness to continue fighting, in any definition. In short, gameness can somewhat be described by simply the willingness to continue, under all adversity and animosity, for the sake of improvement. However, in detail, the continuance is not to be misinterpreted as succeeding; being succeeded is the ultimate goal of gameness.

Gameness does not describe anything that is perfect, simply because there is no such thing. The strive for perfection can never quite be accomplished. But, for one to strive for near perfection, never falter on a decision made, learn from obstacles and implement the strengthening of weaknesses can be described as gameness.

The idea of gameness is to be fluent and to adapt to any task at hand.

Knowledge is knowing the path, experience is to understand it.

Gameness can not be achieved or grasped as it is not a title or an award. Gameness is a perspective and can only be perceived in a competitive event where learning from an opposing opponent is relevant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com/
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeFri 05 Sep 2008, 5:04 am

Not the first time I've read that. Beautiful... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeFri 05 Sep 2008, 8:27 am

bravo Marty well put
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2008, 9:57 pm

Interesting article,

Anyone who has ever witnessed Pit Bull aggression is usually shocked by the level of ferocity these dogs display. The come hard, with everything they have, and do not stop coming. What most do not realize is that this has long been a desirable and positive trait of the breed. It is called gameness. Only the Pit Bulls have gameness. Essentially, it is the undying determination to keep going despite pain, injury, or insurmountable odds. What many do not also realize is that gameness was bred into these animals for a reason.

Dog fighting has not always been a bloodsport as witnessed today. In the 19th Century, it was much more a gentleman's sport, with integrity and much accolade. Owners rarely allowed their dogs to fight to the death. When the least sign of submission was displayed, the animals were taken apart and the loser conceded. They were prize fighters at a time when America was rising in power and proving its mettle. Life was hard and Americans were hardworking. They created a breed that matched their determination to succeed. The American Pit Bull Terrier had all these qualities and more.

Pit Bulls were selected and culled on the traits of their gameness. The size of the animal was irrelevant. In fact, the average weight of Pit Bulls then was 18-35 pounds. A smaller dog was often better skilled. They were the only breed that could take on dogs 100 pounds heavier than they and defeat them. Another glaring difference between the dogs of today and yesterday was the amount of human aggression displayed. Pit Bulls were quickly put down by their owners when any sign of human aggression presented itself in the early days. The handlers needed to have dogs they could tend to without being bitten. Over time, the Pit Bull earned a reputation for being human friendly. This trait still exists today, but it is slowly but surely being bastardized.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitimeTue 14 Oct 2008, 4:27 am

Gameness to me is something only one could describe by definition without seeing it first hand. I will never know what true gameness is because I am not a dog dogfighter. I think their is a big difference between a dog having drive and a dog possesing the gameness trait which is often desired by dogger's and is also rare because not every dog bred off champion fighters will posess that same gameness. I have read that dogger's are lucky to get at least 1 pup in an entire litter that has what it takes to become a champion fighter and posses that "gameness trait" . Unless you are an exp handler and know what to look for when testing your dog for gameness in the box you will never truly know or understand what gameness really is anything else is speculation. All I know about gameness is what I have read and the definition of what gameness means to a dogfighter IMO there is no need for gameness in our breed today because our breed is no longer being matched in the box therefore gameness does not matter to me. Historically I embrace gameness and what it was meant to be in another time and another place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is Game   What is Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Game
Page 1 of 1