American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mixed breed termenology

Go down 
+4
Carriana
Sadieblues
BlueBullyBabe
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :
Mixed breed termenology Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mixed breed termenology Right_bar_bleue

Mixed breed termenology Empty
PostSubject: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 6:20 pm

So I'm sitting at work thinking of a few past posts and their comments and come to the realization that the term CUR is often used to describe a mixed breed when in fact it's not.. It's a term that can only be used in historical context due there only being one way to determine a CUR and that's in the [].
Mutt should be used but it's associated with being derogatory in nature. So it hits me, think of a word that's not derogatory and has only one meaning in the dog world.

I am hereby announcing a new positive term to describe them,

Suflet: Pronunciation, Sue-Flay.
Definition: A mixed breed dog and/or of unknown origin...

LOL, What do you think?

Last edited by Admin on Sat 02 Aug 2008, 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :
Mixed breed termenology Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mixed breed termenology Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 6:21 pm

oh thats funny. I'm down!
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:50 pm

Admin wrote:
So I'm sitting at work thinking of a few past posts and their comments and come to the realization that the term CUR is often used to describe a mixed breed when in fact it's not.. It's a term that can only be used in historical context due there only being one way to determine a CUR and that's in the [].
Mutt should be used but it's associated with being derogatory in nature. So it hits me, think of a word that's not derogatory and has only one meaning in the dog world.

I an hereby announcing a new positive term to describe them,

LOL, What do you think?

That's very cute Ec groovy
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:55 pm

Not to be confused with:
Soufflé
Soufflé is a baked dish made basically of milk and eggs, to which separately beaten egg whites give an airy lightness; means literally, "puffed-up"
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:46 am

Lets put it on urban dictionary.com!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:49 am

Admin wrote:

LOL, What do you think?

LOL puff puff pass........I think you're bogartin'!
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 11:56 am

That's a good one, and when said to a male dog, it would also interpret as being gay biglaugh ("not that there's anything wrong with that" -Seinfeld)

As far as CUR also meaning a mutt, I think that's because back in the day (80's & early 90's) if you had a "purebred" pit, it would be game, period. Ya know what I mean, kind of like denying that a pitbull could possibly be a cur. Basically saying that the only possible explanation for a pitbull to be a cur, is because it's not pure, but rather mixed with something else.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 4:20 pm

Good point, Nes. Just to elaborate a little more I'd say that it's reasonable to assume that just about any specimen of any other breed, mixed or pure, would be a cur without proving it. I've heard many guys say that cur means not only a proven cur but also anything that is not of bull and terrier blood which kinda supports the "inferior dog" theory. Funny sh!t, EC. Made my day. beer
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 5:52 pm

So is it official? lol
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 6:26 pm

Yes, we will now insult peoples' dogs with the term Suflet, LMFAO grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 7:32 pm

NesOne wrote:
Yes, we will now insult peoples' dogs with the term Suflet, LMFAO grin

LMAO, It's not supposed to be derogatory..lol
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 3:07 am

Well, if it don't hurt feelimgs, I'm not using it. lol j/k
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 4:50 am

Boogieman wrote:
Admin wrote:

LOL, What do you think?

LOL puff puff pass........I think you're bogartin'!

No I was sotely tober... beer
Back to top Go down
gingereli

Number of posts : 22
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeSun 10 Aug 2008, 1:17 pm

a curr is actually a breed My husband has 2 reg. Black Mouth Curs he uses for hog hunting. In the game dog world it is a dog who starts to fight but quits when he starts losing.
Back to top Go down
gingereli

Number of posts : 22
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeSun 10 Aug 2008, 1:18 pm

a curr is actually a breed My husband has 2 reg. Black Mouth Curs he uses for hog hunting. In the game dog world it is a dog who starts to fight but quits when he starts losing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitimeSun 10 Aug 2008, 1:29 pm

I think the term "cur" is thrown around to much..imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mixed breed termenology   Mixed breed termenology Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixed breed termenology
Page 1 of 1