American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What dog Breed DON'T you like?........

Go down 
+10
NesOne
buzhunter
pitmamma
wmssh
RedDoggy
littlecountry
Sadieblues
Admin
bahamutt99
BlueBullyBabe
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :
What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Right_bar_bleue

What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Empty
PostSubject: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 4:58 pm

And why?
Just curious. We all know what breeds we all like, but I want to know what breed you REALLY don't like and why.
Keep in mind some of us own these breeds so be semi nice about it.

Personally not a fan of Labs AT ALL.
I don't hunt so I never saw a purpose in owning one. Aside from that they don't strike me as the most intelligent dog (no hunting dogs do really). I fostered one who I have to admit was very very sweet, but horribly needy. I would constantly trip over her she was always under foot just irritating. I like dogs that have a little independence!
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :
What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 6:52 pm

Well, much as I hate to say this because I've had the pleasure of talking to a very knowledgeable breed fancier of this breed, I don't like Chow Chows. The heavy ruff and facial wrinkles, deep-set eyes, etc, make them very "hard to read" for me. And fundamentally, I just don't like a dog with a too-aloof personality. (Reserved and watchful is one thing, but some of the Chows I've met get downright violent with strangers. Couple that with the fact that they're a breed that requires a lot of grooming that most owners aren't up to, and it's a recipe for stitches.) I like a dog that's outgoing. Plus, that's just too much hair for me.

On an all-breed forum I'm on, someone asked the question of which breeds would you not own. My list was so long, it was laughable. I didn't just stick with breeds but outlined all the types I wouldn't own. "Nothing over 80 lbs, too big. Nothing under 30 lbs, too small. Nothing with curly, wavy, or long hair. Nothing with facial wrinkles." So on and so forth. Someone commented that there wasn't much left after all that, and I said "yeah, that's why I defend my breed of choice so adamantly." LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:06 pm

I don't care for GSD's I have been bitten by almost every one I've ever known..
I don't trust them and don't care to be around them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:10 pm

dalmations the most unstable breed I have ever been around besides a german shep
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Number of posts : 154
Personalized field : TO THE CORNER
Warnings :
What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:34 pm

anything under 30 lbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlecountrykennels.com/
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 9:40 pm

Yeah... I'm not a fan of GSDs. They wig out too often. I had a pit/GSD and that poor dog was loco. Seems like when we are at the dog park it's the germans snapping at Pea when she's running around, which is funny cause she's supposed to be the DA one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 10:18 pm

littlecountry wrote:
anything under 30 lbs

Now there's something to be afraid of...
Back to top Go down
wmssh

Number of posts : 39
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 10:44 pm

i dislike labs and most any anklebiters - especially those damn chihuahuas!
Back to top Go down
pitmamma

pitmamma

Female
Number of posts : 167
Personalized field : \"Lurker\"
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 11:11 pm

I agree...Labs, my brother has one and she is awesome. But I have had 2 and they where the dumbest and most needy dogs ever. The one dog I will never ever own is a Sharpei. They tend to be very agressive not to mention very ugly.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 11:42 pm

Yeah, I got my arm bit by a sharpei when I was a kid... The funny thing is that the friends mom was telling me to beware of their chow chow
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 10:04 am

GSD, no doubt. Only seen one in my entire life that I would turn my back on. But to be honest, I'm not feeding anything but a bulldog. Had an awesome Rottweiler. Most loyal dog I've ever had, but too much work for me. Took way too long to develop, prime of life was a blink of an eye. Give me a dog built to last.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 11:58 am

I don't like any dog breed that barks too much, especially when they don't listen to their masters when told to shut up.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008, 9:33 am

I don't like anything with long fur, especially fuzzy dogs...I hate shedders!! Little dogs are not my favorite "kick me's" as I like to call them. Although I have met a select few that I did like. I also prefer a dog not to weight more then I do!!

I Love Pit Bulls...they are so perfect, I don't think I could own any other breed JMO Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeFri 26 Sep 2008, 11:59 pm

If I was to generalize I'd say I dont like any dog thats weary of me. I like friendly dogs that don't hesitate to come meet me..
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 3:29 am

I agree about the GSD's - too unpredictable. About half the GSD's I've met have snapped at me at one time or another.

Yorkies - little dogs should at least be cute and they are not
Bichon Frise - a waste of fluff
Poodles - because they are always getting titles at dog shows
Beagles - never seen one that wasn't grossly overweight
Dachsunds - just silly looking.
Back to top Go down
Bleu Clair

Bleu Clair

Female
Number of posts : 8
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeSat 27 Sep 2008, 11:51 pm

I don't like most small dogs, but mainly toy poodles. As a groomer for many yrs., I'd rather groom a medium sized or large dog than a small one any day of the wk. In my experience, I've had more trouble out of small dogs than larger ones.....especially toy poodles. If I had my way, I'd never groom another one for as long as I lived, but unfortunately, they make up a huge percentage of my clientele.
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Number of posts : 13
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2008, 10:50 pm

GSDs are way overrated.

I don't like English Bulldogs. Anything that can't reproduce naturally is a waste of air in my opinion.

I hate chows. If you're gonna be mean and stuck up, might as well be cute. And these dogs aren't in the least bit attractivem

I don't much care for rotties that much. Seems like if I'm having a conversation about a pit, someone's gotta bring up their "awesome" rottweiler. -.- please.

/end rant
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 6:37 am

You trying to square off with me? nono ya better ask somebody.....
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 6:35 pm

Strange....
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 6:51 pm

Okay. This really annoys me and is one thing I really hate about forums. People think that just because they have a special little icon beside their handle or a special little title that they are just better than everybody. Apparently because I'm not a "VIPl I'm not alllowed ro participate in this conversation. Everyone else can speak their minds, but I'm not uber-special VIP therefore people think they can throw whatever superficial "authority" on me. Whatever. I was really digging this forum. Seemed really interesting than gopitbull.com. But everytime I come on here and be an honest adult and speak my mind, these people show up.
Can't have a damn conversation without people with inferiority complexed shoving their false titles in my face. What are ya gonna do, BAN me? Please.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 7:50 pm

I'm sure I'm going to get handled for this, but I agree with the sentiment, Indica. I have left more than one forum because people "in power" get a little drunk on themselves. I try not to be like that, even though I've been granted special cookies on various forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 7:52 pm

Uhm I guess I missed something.*shrug*

We like you herer though Indica!
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 8:41 pm

Okay, well..... I'm drunk on my title! LMFAO!
Anyway, if shit wasn't deleted then we would know WTF you're talking about. As far as crying abouyt what's said and peoples opinions and all of that shit, maybe you need to read the rules, or even better, the name of this forum section. It's called the PIT! This is a forum designated for debait. Duh, don't like it? Don't post. This is a hot button thread because it's all about likes and dislikes. If someone has a bad ass rotty and you're talking shit about rotties, prepare to get an ear full.

Back to the thread......

Dude, C, what's wrong with poodles? I love poodles. I know that they can get aggro but I love aggro dogs. And I have had nothing but great experiences with poodles of all sizes. My parents have a miniature and he's kick ass! I love that little guy. He's about 7 years old now and looks and plays just like a puppy still.
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 8:48 pm

Well that's exactly why I got miffd. Buzhunter decided to make things personal. And instead of defending rotties, basically he/she said "I'm so bad ass. I have a title. Ask other people what happens when you mess with me" that's what I got out of it. There's no debate in that. That's some sort of lame threat. I don't even know who the hell this person is, VIP or not. Everyone's the same to me. I respect you, you respect me. You shit on me, I'll throw it in your face.

Now, thanks for the support you two for givin me some patience.

I just get mc'ticked off too easy.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 8:55 pm

Well, shit... debait it, that's what this is here for. I dunno if y'all were deleting your posts or what but it kinda sucks for everyone else who wants to know what's going down and where the thread is headed.
Honestly, BuzHunter is my buddy. He will be an absolute dick if you rub him the wrong way and it won't end here on this site. If you got something to dispute with him just do it and come at him intelligently and he'll respect you for it, if you want it. The man is no god or anything and if ya don't like him just block him from your account. As far as his VIP title, the man could give a damn about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What dog Breed DON'T you like?........   What dog Breed DON'T you like?........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What dog Breed DON'T you like?........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next