American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does your puppy listen at all?

Go down 
+5
BlueBullyBabe
NesOne
Shades
Sadieblues
Tcarter
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :
Does your puppy listen at all? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does your puppy listen at all? Right_bar_bleue

Does your puppy listen at all? Empty
PostSubject: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 4:14 pm

I ask this because this week Trooper is being a hand full i was working on SIT but this week he is like forget that mess i want to eat your pants legs/shoe strings!
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
Does your puppy listen at all? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Does your puppy listen at all? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 4:43 pm

Tcarter wrote:
I ask this because this week Trooper is being a hand full i was working on SIT but this week he is like forget that mess i want to eat your pants legs/shoe strings!

LOL hey carter mine were doing that when I first brought them home LOL.. Sadie mostly she was the worst but after about 11 weeks of age they started to focus more on basic commands like come and sit instead of attacking my pants hands feet socks Ect. I don't know if your using treats or not but if so keep using them to encourage trooper he will catch on he needs a bit more time to calm down more and begin focusing on what your teaching him. I found this to work for me and I know what your talking about because all of my pups were the same way. beer
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Number of posts : 148
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 5:04 pm

shades was just like that form 10 to 12 weeks. about 2 days ago his attitude as changed drastically (for the better). If you remember one of my posts I had some concerns also. so I will tell you what some told me. stay consistent it worked for me
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 5:07 pm

Oh yeah, that sounds about right. Like both Sadie and Shades said keep the treats coming, stay consistent, and of course patience is a virtue.
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 6:37 pm

Lugz does more of a "Oh fingers...let me try to bite them" during training. Or he growl talks the whole time. lol
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 6:41 pm

Ahh Puppies...
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 8:04 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
Ahh Puppies...
you said it all right there i know how to train i just never tried training so young...he is like a pin ball lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul 2008, 10:07 pm

Use the 3 P's for training.

Praise when they do things right is the most important thing there is.

The other 2 P's have already been mentioned.

Praise
Patience
Persistance = consistency.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008, 12:19 am

I wish I had a puppy!!! hammer
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Number of posts : 154
Personalized field : TO THE CORNER
Warnings :
Does your puppy listen at all? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Does your puppy listen at all? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 11:50 am

one track mind lets play chew on that chew on this whats that (Clyde)
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlecountrykennels.com/
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeFri 05 Sep 2008, 11:39 am

mine listens and ignores.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008, 9:56 am

I was having a problem with this "attention deficit hyper active disorder" and mostly finger biting, coupled with throwing up EVERYTHING! I have recently started hand feeding Ziggi at night time, and this has really helped teach him to focus on me, and I make him do simple obedience in order to receive his dinner. Just your basic "Sit" and "Down" and recently been incorporating "High Five" but this has really helped to teach him-to get what he wants he must pay attention to me! Oh yeah and he HAS to be calm or he gets NOTHING!! nono
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your puppy listen at all?   Does your puppy listen at all? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your puppy listen at all?
Page 1 of 1