American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

????? about puppy sleep/ aggression

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shades

Male
Number of posts : 148
Warnings :
????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Right_bar_bleue

????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Empty
PostSubject: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 3:44 pm

my 12 week old pup sleeps alot and I was wondering how much should he really sleep. He sleeps from 10pm at night to 7am in the morn which i am glad he sleeps in then I dont have to take him out in the middle of the night. Then he falls asleep like an hour after coming in the morn from doing his business, which is about 15 mins. till bout noon gets up for like a half hour then sleeps some more till about 3 pm for about 3 hours he is awake. then he sleeps for about an other hour then he is up till about ten. and he never really wants to play unless its with the cat or chewing on everything that isnt to be chewed on. chewing I know is norm. but is his sleeping that much just puppy also. So I have one other question at 12 weeks he is already growling, showing teeth and nipping in anger or scared let me explain. Funny to a point. lil brat got under my bed and ripped the fabric down so it was hanging, then he tried to get out trying to go through this loop of fabric he made and it wasnt wrapped around his neck but it kept him from coming out so he was whining so i was checking out the situation to help him in the mix he got him self into so after analyzing it i figured push him back just a little to get this stuff off from around him. NOT so funny part lil SOB growl showed his teeth and nipped. no blood drawn strength yet but this is just one of a coupe of inccedents(SP). and yeah i am concerned i have youngsters. and i thought i was responsible enough to raise a pit. so sleeping and the aggression are my questions to sum it up thank guys I am really liking the site!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :
????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 3:57 pm

well mine in almost 7 weeks and he sleeps alot as well about the same as yours but he is from 10-630 then he whines and jumps all over the crate. so sleeping is normal! Are you sure that the springs were not sticking in him? The nipping should be corrected on the spot. Try Yelping!
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Number of posts : 148
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:04 pm

the bed springs are still where they should be. the nipping is taken care of on the spot each and every time. and believe me when i say its 95% better cause he did thinking it was ok but now its just when he is (i guess you could say scared) in a bind like the one explained. Is this his fear period will he grow out of it doing what i am doing to correct it. cause the nipping before he thought we was giving lovins but i got him to just lick when giving kisses now
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:14 pm

well he is still a pup and you have time to correct the problem just keep doing what your doing and he will get the point. Talk in a motivating happy tone when you reach in to help him!
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:30 pm

I wouldn't worry about the sleeping. And as far as the nipping and growling, like Tcarter said, you need to correct it right away. One of the techniques, is to jab 2 fingers at the side of his neck and say 'no!' eventually he'll get tired of getting hit in the neck, that he'll realize he's causing it. Be consistent and patient, and everything will work out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 4:43 pm

NesOne wrote:
I wouldn't worry about the sleeping. And as far as the nipping and growling, like Tcarter said, you need to correct it right away. One of the techniques, is to jab 2 fingers at the side of his neck and say 'no!' eventually he'll get tired of getting hit in the neck, that he'll realize he's causing it. Be consistent and patient, and everything will work out in the end.

LOL the Ceasar Method "just touch"...when i read the take 2 fingers i thought you were going to say eye gouge hide
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:00 pm

Man I wish my pups would sleep like that they won't stay still still for a second they are live 24/7. They did the growling thing and nipping for a second but stopped it mine are 12 weeks today. I will have to try that 2 finger move if I see the female do that again. My pups bite a lot because of the teething that crap hurts I feel like I am there big chew toy. So instead of them bitting my sock and foot I gave them a big sock and they play tug of war with it.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:05 pm

Tcarter wrote:
when i read the take 2 fingers i thought you were going to say eye gouge hide

That's not a bad idea either, lol.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 5:39 pm

Sounds like puppy stuff to me. Everyone is spot on so far.
Hey, Eric has actually put up a forum for puppies now, check it out... It's in need of some good threads(lol)
https://americanpitbull.forummotion.com/puppy-forum-f19/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression   ????? about puppy sleep/ aggression Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

????? about puppy sleep/ aggression
Page 1 of 1