American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ban won't work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty
V.I.P.
Marty

Male
Number of posts : 202
Warnings :
Ban won't work Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Ban won't work Right_bar_bleue

Ban won't work Empty
PostSubject: Ban won't work   Ban won't work Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 8:03 pm

Vancouver,BC,Canada -- Pit bulls are banned in Ontario, but all that has done is to drive the breeding underground.

Illegal breeding is rampant, with pit bulls being bred not for temperament, but for money and aggressiveness.

Banning pit bulls has been a nightmare. The enforcement issues are overwhelming. In many cases, reliably establishing a cross breed as being a pit-bull cross is difficult or impossible
So, people simply get pit crosses and categorize them as boxer crosses, bulldog crosses or any number of other breeds.

Rather than passing breed-specific legislation, it's much better to invoke responsible pet ownership standards, as Calgary has done.

Calgary's rate of aggressive incidents dropped by three-quarters when it focused responsibility on the owner instead of on the dog.

Breed bans don't work. All they do is create an underground network where dogs are hidden to avoid the law. This makes it very difficult to hold irresponsible owners accountable.
Susan Weldon, Windsor, Ont.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/letters/story.html?id=f9c9dfd5-bdb9-4f5f-8dde-22414271d016
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com/
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

Ban won't work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban won't work   Ban won't work Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 10:11 pm

LMAO, I knew it all along. The only reason that they will keep the ban is to make more money off of the fines that they instill on the "lawbreakers", like in Miami Dade County. Those guys are making a killing off of the ban.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

Ban won't work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban won't work   Ban won't work Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 10:26 pm

I wish we could convince the world of this...I know we try but it seems like yelling into the darkness at times...
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

Ban won't work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban won't work   Ban won't work Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug 2008, 1:28 am

At least someone has figured it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ban won't work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ban won't work   Ban won't work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ban won't work
Page 1 of 1