American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs

Go down 
+6
RedDoggy
Rev
Sadieblues
Admin
Tcarter
BlueBullyBabe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :
Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Right_bar_bleue

Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:48 pm

This was pretty interesting. Pit Bulls aren't even on it! Which I kinda like!
http://listverse.com/nature/top-10-badass-guard-dogs/
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :
Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:59 pm

at first i was like yeah right wipe the floor with what but then i looked at it as good i'm glad that the APBT is a WIMP LOL,rofl,lmao that way the spot light is kinda moved to the other breeds.the APBT shouldn't be overly aggressive or HA at all thats why they are so cool they have all the stregth in the world are or superb fighters but they can still be stolen and thats actually a well bred APBT one that can be aproached by anyone.good find!
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 1:06 pm

I think this list will be another one for my wall. I'm running out of room for good pit press lol
Back to top Go down
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 1:07 pm

lol just take down some pictures and make another wall dedicated to the PIt
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 1:27 pm

I have three of the four walls in my livingroom dedicated to good pit press and pics of the dogs lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008, 7:14 pm

Yeah That Cane Corso is frightening..lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul 2008, 12:13 am

Admin wrote:

I was kinda thinking the same thing LOL nunchucks
Back to top Go down
Rev

Number of posts : 1
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2008, 2:46 pm

Dogo a bad ass guard dog?...pfff ............Stupidity.
The Neapolitan should have been there no the dogo.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2008, 8:34 pm

I have to agree to disagree. The Dogo is a bear hunter with some awesome take down abilities. Here in the US the Neo/Italian Mastiff has really been watered down. If you look at a neo thats line has been in the US for years, they don't even have the wrinkled saggy faces. They were once roman battle dogs, used in the box, but they just don't have any drive anymore. Not to mention, they over heat and stroke out quite easliy. I can't even own one in the climate I live in(AZ) cause it'll die for sure! I think the Dogo has a good instinct and the intimidation factor is way up there as well. I will say that I didn't agree 100% with that list though....

BTW, welcome to the site Rev, glad to see you made it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2008, 9:14 pm

Sadieblues wrote:
Admin wrote:

I was kinda thinking the same thing LOL nunchucks

Yeah, that's a dog I wouldn't approach..
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008, 4:15 am

Ha Ha Can't say I blame you there either Boss... I would not want a run in with one of those in my lifetime anyway LOL help
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Number of posts : 63
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008, 5:49 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
I have to agree to disagree. The Dogo is a bear hunter with some awesome take down abilities. Here in the US the Neo/Italian Mastiff has really been watered down. If you look at a neo thats line has been in the US for years, they don't even have the wrinkled saggy faces. They were once roman battle dogs, used in the box, but they just don't have any drive anymore. Not to mention, they over heat and stroke out quite easliy. I can't even own one in the climate I live in(AZ) cause it'll die for sure! I think the Dogo has a good instinct and the intimidation factor is way up there as well. I will say that I didn't agree 100% with that list though....

BTW, welcome to the site Rev, glad to see you made it.
theres good working neo's in the usa,breeding for a typie neapolitain mastiff has destroyed the breed,the overly wrinkled dog,try looking at "steel trap kennels".
The neo is also a re/created dog from the 2nd world war only related to the old cane e presa dogs.
Believing the neo is the old roman battle dog is like believing the american bully is the apbt....
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008, 5:55 pm

keith wrote:
is like believing the american bully is the apbt....

It isn't? sidelaugh
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008, 7:07 pm

this is from a artical writen on the modern neo.......
Quote :
Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Picture%20024.0

Most people are at least vaguely aware of the ancient history of all Mastiffs. You will find many books on the subject, though how correct the information is, one often wonders, as there are frequently long gaps in the history or lineage of most breeds. Neapolitan Mastiffs are no exception. When you see things like; 'It is thought' or 'It is believed' or 'Most likely', you can be sure that in reality; It is not known.

What one author writes, many others will simply copy without a clue as to the facts. I have seen articles referring to Neos as 'Teddy Bears' or 'Gentle giants'. True a well reared dog is gentle toward his family and often even their guests. Regardless of this, he should NEVER be taken lightly, for that 'Teddy Bear' will turn in a second into a raging beast if his family or home is threatened.

It is CERTAIN that the Neapolitan Mastiff does belong to the family of dogs known of Old as the Molosser, and that these were dogs of war. It also stands as common sense that those dogs of Old were far fitter and tougher dogs than the romantic re-creation which is the Neapolitan of today.

We know roughly what those dogs of war looked like from artefacts, and paintings. These suggest that the larger of these dogs were left at home to guard, while the more active dogs were used to hunt or bring down large game, as well as march into battle.

We know that by the 1940's there were still a few dogs who bore more than a passing resemblance to the old Molosser as he used to be depicted. There were at that time no written records of lineage, nor were the dogs openly traded. They were bred and kept by both wealthy Italian landowners and poor farmers alike.
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2008, 7:09 pm

Back to top Go down
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 7:13 pm

cane corso isa bad ass dog id love to have one, and have wanted one for years but my wife is scared of their look. i plan to get one as soon as my divorce goes through woohoo i cant wait
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 7:36 pm

Not saying this to anyone in specific, just want to make a point. By saying that a certain breed is bad ass and tough as nails aren't we doing the samething that we wanna stop people from thinking about APBTs, in a nutshell?
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 7:48 pm

Actually I read today when I was hunting down my doggy pics (which sucked btw)

That the popularity of Rottweillers is on the rise because of pit bull bans. I'm sure the next explosion of dogs bites is soon at hand.
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 7:48 pm

BlueBullyBabe wrote:
Actually I read today when I was hunting down my doggy pics (which sucked btw)

That the popularity of Rottweillers is on the rise because of pit bull bans. I'm sure the next explosion of dogs bites/attacks/bad publiticites is soon at hand.

haha oops, quoted myself instead of editing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 8:31 pm

locote6174 wrote:
cane corso isa bad ass dog id love to have one, and have wanted one for years but my wife is scared of their look. i plan to get one as soon as my divorce goes through woohoo i cant wait

LMFAO...Congratulations...
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2008, 8:32 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
Not saying this to anyone in specific, just want to make a point. By saying that a certain breed is bad ass and tough as nails aren't we doing the samething that we wanna stop people from thinking about APBTs, in a nutshell?

Yes, You have a point..
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 1:19 am

theres so many good guard dogs its impossable to rank,only opinions.
That being said,i prefer the short haired medium sized mastiff breeds for guard work.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 5:16 am

RedDoggy wrote:

Excellent point, I must agree.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 6:19 am

Well I wouldn't say bad ass dogs maybe good damn gaurd dogs? That's what these guys do right?
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul 2008, 6:19 pm

yes,there a guard dog.....
there what is called a man stopping guard dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs   Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Bad Ass Guard Dogs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next