American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who Made Who ?

Go down 
4 posters

Who Made Who?
The dog Made the Dogman
Who Made Who ? Vote_lcap14%Who Made Who ? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
The Dogman Made the Dog
Who Made Who ? Vote_lcap29%Who Made Who ? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Both
Who Made Who ? Vote_lcap57%Who Made Who ? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
Who Made Who ? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Who Made Who ? Right_bar_bleue

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 2:31 pm

It's no secrect that historical dogger's have bred some memorable gladiators. My question to you is do you think the doggman made the dog what it was? Or did the dog make the dogger who he is remembered for today? Or both? Many fanciers of the breed tend to give alot of credit to these old doggman .... Explain your answer.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 6:43 pm

I voted both for the simple fact that these dogs already posessed the the gladiator trait before the so called dogmen of old perfected their skills in the box..

It's a no brainer IMHO..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 4:56 pm

I have to say that the doggman made the dog, because even though the trait of gameness was there, it was the doggman that brought it about, and provided the necessary motivation for the dog to perform.

For example, people have said many times that a dog can turn hot until they reach up to 4-5 years old, so let's say a doggman tested a dog at 18 months, and thought it wasn't worthy to keep, and spared its life and gave it away to a family member, or a friend of a friend. Well what if that dog did possess the game trait, and it just didn't come about until it hit, let's say 3 years old. That owner, not being a doggman, would allow for that game traited dog to remain as a family pet, working dog, whatever they did with it, etc... It would be the doggman that could make that dog a champion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 6:26 pm

NesOne wrote:
I have to say that the doggman made the dog, because even though the trait of gameness was there, it was the doggman that brought it about, and provided the necessary motivation for the dog to perform.

For example, people have said many times that a dog can turn hot until they reach up to 4-5 years old, so let's say a doggman tested a dog at 18 months, and thought it wasn't worthy to keep, and spared its life and gave it away to a family member, or a friend of a friend. Well what if that dog did possess the game trait, and it just didn't come about until it hit, let's say 3 years old. That owner, not being a doggman, would allow for that game traited dog to remain as a family pet, working dog, whatever they did with it, etc... It would be the doggman that could make that dog a champion.

You have a valid point.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008, 3:07 am

NesOne wrote:

I agree as far as foundation is concerned these doggamn laid the foundation for the breed. Without them there would be no apbt. But on the other hand I think the dogs themselves stand out in the breed today because of their preformance doggman are well known for their champion fighter's and what those dogs did in the box and how many champions they went on to produce in their offspring each dogfighter had that one prized champion that stands out today in the minds of fanciers all over the world .I guess it could go both ways. I was just curious to see what some of you would say and why.
Back to top Go down
staygold360

staygold360

Male
Number of posts : 15
Warnings :

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 9:29 pm

i said both..because as was said the dogs already had the warrior spirit and i would say gameness aspect to them from way back in the bull baiting days..a dog would have to have some game( pre pit era) to go after a bull thats 2000 lbs....and not give up even despite great injuries...but the dogmen had this quality already present in the dog.. and i feel they enhanced it in the pit through selective breeding...i feel if it werent for the great old dogmen we wouldnt have this breed as is...but i truly believe they had an awsome specimen to begin with...jmo.
http://www.myspace.com/absolution360

Who Made Who ? 1by1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/absolution360
Sponsored content

Who Made Who ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Made Who ?   Who Made Who ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Made Who ?
Page 1 of 1