American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Hate Dog Fighting Because...

Go down 
+4
Admin
BlueBullyBabe
RedDoggy
NesOne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fighting dogs is bad due to it being...
Illegal
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Inhumane and Cruel
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 6:08 pm

I dunno, I'm pretty numb to violence, I have the stomach for any curve life throws at me and any nasty friggin' thing out there. But when a dog or a kid gets hurt I turn into a baby. I dunno why that is, I guess those are the only two living things that I have compassion for, other than handicapped folks.
When a dog gets into a fight it's of their own free will, but when we put them into that situation it seems more like our hand is forcing it. I know that the dog has a choice to cur out in the box, BUT when you roll them they will get injured reguardless of whether or not they fought back. And to add to that, the dog has the instinct to fight back but we are the ones that put them into the combat situations that cause the instinct to come out. I have to emphasize on INSTINCT because that is what it is, nothing more than fight or flight, they don't have the capacity to make a concious decision on something of that magnitude.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 4:32 am

Yeah red I agree apbt's should be d/a by nature but as loving owner's we are not suppose to encourage this behavior by putting them in a situation to fight on purpose it's like teasing with this breed because they love to fight and will if given the chance... I can stomach alot of sh*t but I can't take animals and kids getting abused or hurt to me aniamls are like little babies that don't understand the concept of right and wrong. They behave and think with animal instincts dogfighter's manipulate those instincts to their advantage. You can paint this picture as pretty as can be but I'm not buying it I know the deal yeah your going to feed and take care of the dog that makes you money you may even patch up those scars and heal those outside wounds after a tough match or pick your hurt dog off the bloody floors in a match because he's had enough . But in the end that dog will only remain worth something to these df's so long as it continues to win for them. I think dog fighter's admire what they will never have the strength loyalty and courage that these dogs possess.

Last edited by Sadieblues on Sat 22 Nov 2008, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 6:50 am

Sadieblues wrote:
I think dog fighter's admire what they will never have the strength loyalty and courage that these dogs possess.

Good point. I think we all should admire the strength, loyalty, and courage that dogs the possess. Any man who does not strive to be as game as the APBT is no man at all. Dead weight, a weak link, a cull. Just like the dogs, sometimes our fights are chosen for us but good men show up and prove what they are made of when our number is called.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 7:12 am

buzhunter wrote:
Sadieblues wrote:
I think dog fighter's admire what they will never have the strength loyalty and courage that these dogs possess.

Good point. I think we all should admire the strength, loyalty, and courage that dogs the possess. Any man who does not strive to be as game as the APBT is no man at all. Dead weight, a weak link, a cull. Just like the dogs, sometimes our fights are chosen for us but good men show up and prove what they are made of when our number is called.

I agree 100% ... I don't really care for dogger's but I admire those dogs for what they were about .. I think they set some tough standards to match in the breed of todays apbt's. But any dog that could endure and fight with the courage and loyalty that these dogs have how could you not admire that? This breed can take a whole lot yet remian loyal like they never suffered at all. That to me is just amazing. I can see the disappointment in my dogs eyes when I get upset with them they want nothing more than to make me happy. I just can't imagine taking one of mine and putting them in that situation even if I thought they could handle that I wouldn't want to put them through something so ugly.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 6:05 pm

No one answer can 100% accommodate how I feel. I don't know if I'd say "cruel." More like useless and wasteful, and not beneficial for what I do with my dogs. And I wouldn't say "hate" either. More like "want nothing to do with." Of course, the main reason I want nothing to do with is because of the highly illegal nature of the sport. If it were legal, I would be more likely to have dealings with those who game-test since it wouldn't put me and mine in jeopardy just to be associated with them, but you still wouldn't find me doing it myself. Nor allowing it to be done with my dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 6:13 pm

So basically you feel nothing about it and turn a blind eye? Well, guess there isn't alot wrong with sitting on the fence, if that's your thing.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 8:01 pm

You know......
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 A1-1
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 A2-2
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 A3-2
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 A4
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 8:50 pm

Well, again, you can't lump everything into one category. Not every disgusting picture of a demolished dog is indicative of the sport in general. That last picture especially is the exception and not the norm. Shit like that is just bad intentions or poor judgement or possibly a combination of the two. Hell, I've looked as bad as the other pictures a few times in my life.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2008, 10:07 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
So basically you feel nothing about it and turn a blind eye? Well, guess there isn't alot wrong with sitting on the fence, if that's your thing.

I feel that when there is a massive bust with media exposure and lots of dogs dying under the care of the "humane" authorities, that is far worse an outcome than a few people quietly matching dogs because they feel it is the best thing to preserve the breed. I have enough respect for where the breed came from to not de facto condemn those who are still clinging to the olden times. I stay away to protect my own. But having a dog right now whose top-half pedigree is steeped in that aspect, I have full appreciation of the dog that came from that.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 12:47 am

I know one thing and this is just my opinion I would never subject my dogs to this sport or those involved in it even if it WAS legal morally I feel that it's wrong to fight an animal . I understand what I own and I truly appreciate the history of my dogs. But these dogs were not just gladiators by nature they were also family dogs working dogs america's decorated dog loved by everyone at one time in history not everyone who owned the apbt back then fought their dogs even when it was legal. If I would not fight my own dogs why would I want to partake in anything or anyone involved with the sport legal or illegal. I understand we all have an opinion and I am not knocking anyone on here for what they believe. I am human with flaws just like everyone else I can appreciate the fact some people want to preserve the gladiator in these dogs but I think there was much more to this breed than just fighting them what about preserving their loyalty to families and childeren ? Or preserving the good old american image these dogs once had in the world. Those times are long gone and now we are fighting just to keep these dogs alive. The last thing we should be worried about preserving is their gameness not when our dogs family core has gone astray and has been tainted by the media. Many have forgotten the loyalty courage and strength that these dogs possess. That is what we must preserve those very characteristics that make our breed what it is and has always been by making sound choices as owner's and breeders.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 11:43 am

Second Chance,

Unlocked and edited! This topic better get back on track or I'm going locking it for good..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 2:26 pm

On a lighter note I have heard people compare old dogger's to new dogger's they say the old did it better .. What do you guys think about that? You think there is a right and wrong way to match a dog? What makes old dogger's stand out in todays fanciers of the breed besides the great dogs they produced? What did they do that was so great? Just curious on what other's have to say
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Nov 2008, 9:17 pm

I think there is certainly a worse way to do it. There is going to be bloodshed anytime two dogs step into the pit. But the people who don't know what they're doing exacerbate the problem substantially. And with today's laws requiring vets to report suspected fighting, probably a lot more dogs die of poor aftercare now then back then.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Nov 2008, 5:36 pm

As far as the old doggers doing it better, I think it is somewhat true. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that back then there was not as much medications, steroids, stitch kits, etc. available, so I would think that they factored in all the recovery time when they matched dogs. However, with the new doggers, they are thinking "outside of the box" (no pun intended). Due to so much stuff readily available, they will go to great lengths to give their dog the advantage. One specific "technique" that I did not like in that "Off The Chain" documentary was when that Arizona doggman stated that he filed/sharpens his bitch's teeth. Those are types of things that I would not consider as being a fair fight, in comparison to boxing, that's like taping a boxer's hand super hard making their fists more of a weapon than a tool.

There has to be a right and wrong way to match a dog, what are they? I don't know, but as I mentioned above altering a dog in order to inflict more damage on the other, is definitely on the wrong side.

Old doggers stand out from today's, because it was legal for them to do it. Also, it seems to me that in the old days, the dog fighting was more for entertainment and pride, as where today it's all about the money. Someone please confirm or deny that big stakes of money were being made back in the legal days of fighting dogs.

The only thing I can think of that they did that was so great, was to come up with excellent ways of exercising your dog, without having to necessarily exercise yourself, hahahahaha, there's my lighter note grin
Back to top Go down
staygold360

staygold360

Male
Number of posts : 15
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 10:55 pm

just something to think about...for all those that voted inhumane and cruel..the same could be said about slaughtering cattle and the conditions the animals are kept in that end up on your table that you then eat....who says you have the right to kill and eat another animal....some may say that is crule and inhumane...there must be a lot of vegetarians...also do you know how many household products that people use that are tested on a cruel fashion on animals...why is it so easy to take up the causes that are convenient.....the cruel and inhumane aspect is a part of a persons morality..and that topic has been debated sice the dawn of time...what might be morally reprehensible to someone else to another or anothers culture it is perfectly fine........so i guess horse racing is inhumane also.??? what about sled racing in the artic...it must get cold for them poor dogs....im not an advocate of dog fighting but everything is not black and white..i just find the double standards and hipocrisy a little funny...oh yeah..what about hunting...cruel and inhumane?? ..fishing??? that hook must hurt..lol.....jmo....
http://www.myspace.com/absolution360

You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 1by1
Back to top Go down
staygold360

staygold360

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 11:04 pm

Sadieblues wrote:
I know one thing and this is just my opinion I would never subject my dogs to this sport or those involved in it even if it WAS legal morally I feel that it's wrong to fight an animal . I understand what I own and I truly appreciate the history of my dogs. But these dogs were not just gladiators by nature they were also family dogs working dogs america's decorated dog loved by everyone at one time in history not everyone who owned the apbt back then fought their dogs even when it was legal. If I would not fight my own dogs why would I want to partake in anything or anyone involved with the sport legal or illegal. I understand we all have an opinion and I am not knocking anyone on here for what they believe. I am human with flaws just like everyone else I can appreciate the fact some people want to preserve the gladiator in these dogs but I think there was much more to this breed than just fighting them what about preserving their loyalty to families and childeren ? Or preserving the good old american image these dogs once had in the world. Those times are long gone and now we are fighting just to keep these dogs alive. The last thing we should be worried about preserving is their gameness not when our dogs family core has gone astray and has been tainted by the media. Many have forgotten the loyalty courage and strength that these dogs possess. That is what we must preserve those very characteristics that make our breed what it is and has always been by making sound choices as owner's and breeders.

in another post about dogs colors you said you dont care just color your dog game..??? how are you going to do that? you want a game dog?? you know theres only one way to test for gameness..and if its cruel and inhumane then who cares if the dog is game or not..just love it all the same...
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2008, 11:40 pm

staygold360 wrote:
Sadieblues wrote:

in another post about dogs colors you said you dont care just color your dog game..??? how are you going to do that? you want a game dog?? you know theres only one way to test for gameness..and if its cruel and inhumane then who cares if the dog is game or not..just love it all the same...

LOL No I was quouting stratton he wrote an article called the color of gameness that I posted I didn't mean that litterally I just want a dog with heart and drive that will be the best dog it can be ... I must have mistyped that hammer
Back to top Go down
staygold360

staygold360

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008, 12:43 am

Sadieblues wrote:
staygold360 wrote:
Sadieblues wrote:

LOL No I was quouting stratton he wrote an article called the color of gameness that I posted I didn't mean that litterally I just want a dog with heart and drive that will be the best dog it can be ... I must have mistyped that hammer
ohh..cause it seemed a little confusing...thanks for clearing that up for me...
beer
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Nov 2008, 3:14 am

Sure No Problem ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Hate Dog Fighting Because...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2