American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Hate Dog Fighting Because...

Go down 
+4
Admin
BlueBullyBabe
RedDoggy
NesOne
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Fighting dogs is bad due to it being...
Illegal
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Vote_lcap20%You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Inhumane and Cruel
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Vote_lcap80%You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Right_bar_bleue

You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Empty
PostSubject: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 6:35 pm

I'm interested in seeing how everyone feels about it.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 6:42 pm

Good thread Nes! I voted Cruel and Inhumane!
I'm sorry but there is nothing pretty about this sport. Although I understand the way people are attracted to it, as I'm attracted to violence, I just can't agree with all that goes on in and outside the box in order to succeed. These dogs don't have fists, they have teeth that have been evolved to tear things to shreds. I've seen pits chew through walls, chains, and bowling balls..... Flesh of another dog, without purpose, just isn't cool. Plus you have the dickhead factor! You know what some of these guys do to curs? It's aweful, past or present, it just ain't right. I stand by this opinion.
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 7:52 pm

I voted Cruel also.
It goes back to the "we all secretly wonder'' but there is NO WAY I would want to deal with not only the threat of the dog being killed, but how hurt even the winners end up, then all the vet/self care and stitching and maybe they die of an infection anyway, ect, ect. Just not worth it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 8:48 pm

GOOD POST NES!! Voted cruel and inhumane!
Being the owner of APBT's you must embrace it though. Knowing your breed is knowing your dog...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 10:39 pm

I agree with Christy, I think we all DO secretly wonder. It's a matter of action and how strong our stomachs are though. I've seen many o' yard fights and that shit ain't purdy.

And in responce to admins post, I dunno man. I embrace the past but don't respect it 100%. I've read too many horror tails off of Dianne Jessups site about old doggers and the bull shit that they pulled with some big named dogs and I can't say that I would ever shake the hands of some of these dudes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2008, 10:43 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
I agree with Christy, I think we all DO secretly wonder. It's a matter of action and how strong our stomachs are though. I've seen many o' yard fights and that shit ain't purdy.

And in responce to admins post, I dunno man. I embrace the past but don't respect it 100%. I've read too many horror tails off of Dianne Jessups site about old doggers and the bull shit that they pulled with some big named dogs and I can't say that I would ever shake the hands of some of these dudes.

Of course, not all of them were respectable by any means..
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 6:16 am

Depends on the intention. The term "dogfighting" is just way too general.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 12:55 pm

Exactly how it reads: you get a dog and let it get down with another dog and see who wins. Regardless if there is rules or not, time limts, etc. The sheer act of letting 2 dogs go at it.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 2:50 pm

I don't think we can lump all forms of combat into one category. Going by the definition provided, yes, I think it's cruel and inhumane but it does not accurately describe all possible scenarios. Consider a simple test where there is no clear winner. Consider a match where the dog decides when enough is enough. I just think there are too many factors to consider and too many different types of people trying to get involved. Kinda like the dogs themselves, you know? Can't form an opinion from the news alone.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 3:07 pm

Either way, imposing your choice to roll or to match the dog thus causing bodily harm or maybe even mental scarring on pussy dogs just isn't right. I mean, if a dog gets into it on it's own that's one thing, but when you physically place a dog into a box with another dog that could potentially tear it up or possibly kill it YOU are the person responsible for it. You are the dogs owner, correct, but you are as much the dogs guardian as the dog is yours and putting that dog, purposely, in harms way is negligant and ignorant. Look, I'm not some pussy ass hippie crying for the trees in the forest, but I do frown on taking flesh and blood that trusts you and is will do anything for you and just destroying it. It's a senseless act. To some folks, comparitively, it's like throwing your kids under a bus.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 4:44 pm

Is it better to have the question as "Rolling" instead of "dog fighting"? Essentially, rolling/testing ones' dog is still fighting it. So with all degrees aside: 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 2 hours, etc. would you be against "it" because it's illegal, or because it's inhumane/cruel to the dog?
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 6:03 pm

Again, cruel. Often times, rolling the dog is much worse than a fight will ever be. In a roll the handler wants to find out if his dog is game, right? Well, they want to put it to the test to make sure this dog is not gonna cur out on them in a match. In a roll the dog being tested may fight an equal oponant or a much larger and/or more skilled dog. PLUS, ya don't roll a dog once and assume it's all good. The thing is that getting your jollies off this creature that trusts you is f***ed up, thats all there really is to it.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 6:41 pm

Ok ok ok, I had time to think and my opinion is still the same. Lemme just add to the question since it seems to be evolving.....
How would you like to sit around and watch YOUR dog get the shit beat outta it, so bad infact that it pisses the box when the other dog tears it's ear off. By the end of this "test" your dog isn't the same, physically, that it was before. It is not missing a good chunk of it's lip, had pieces of muscle torn out of its arm, and oh yeah, that ear it still on the floor. Let's just say it actually put up a good fight and now you wanna do it again. So you have to find a Dr that will work on this dog and not turn you in, pay him a shit load of money, and then you get to go home, rehabilitate this dog and WAIT just to do it all over again. Okay, let's say it didn't fight back so well, you either kill it in an inhumane fashion, maybe stomp it's head in, shoot it between the eyes, slash it's throat, or maybe just electricute it. And you do all this to an innocent animal that wanted nothing more than a bowl a shitty tasting food and a little place to lay by your feet. Yeah, f*** the law, I just don't like that shit.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 7:17 pm

Well, that question is kind of one sided. First and foremost I would not fight MY dog. However, the scenario you described was that of my dog losing, how about (and this goes for everyone reading) your dog is beating the shit out of the other dog, and manages to only get a couple of deep puncture wounds, does your mindset change now? And instead of getting a Doc, your dog fully recovers on his own, only to battle yet again, although fame and pride is now a major factor... Oh, and I forgot, you collect the money, instead of pay it out.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 7:24 pm

I think that the thrill and curiousity are how people get into this and the money is why they stay. I have had yard fights that my dogs have gotten small wounds from and they lived to see another day and it still sucked. I guess that my compassion for dogs is probably what keeps my blood lust at bay. I would definatly feel for that other dog. I mean, if we were talking a scenario where my dog was defending me from another, which has happened, I take no pitty on the other guy, but if it's intentional..... well I still hate it. Good thread still Nes.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 8:55 pm

Okay, so I have this aluminum baseball bat by my front door (I live in the hood) just "incase". And this isn't just any bat, it's an Easton Z-Core, meaning the inside is full of rubber and it'll send a ball into outter space or cut through somebodies dome like a hot knife through butter. Well, I'm really curious to see this happen, I would love to see some brain tissue on my door step... I would! BUT nobody has given me a reason to use it, I know, very sad. Well, I could test this bat, just to see what kinda damage it would do, but I ain't gonna because the person I would be doing this to would be an innocent party, a VICTIM if you will. There is no point in physically effing someone up just to soothe my bloodlust, same goes for dog fighting. No point. The only reason I would f*** up an animal would be in self defense or if I was really hungry. Mmmmm...... Kitty Tacos with a little bit of lime is soooooooo good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008, 9:09 pm

HAHA Great minds think alike J, I have a solid piece of Ash by my front door..
As Mr. T would say, "I pitty the fool"
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 1:12 am

I think dogfighting is cruel and dogger's are too damn glorified by fancier's of the breed to begin with . True we all make mistakes and people do better when they know a better way of life. But dogfighting is nothing more than $$$ signs to these dogger's old and new it has never been about the dog regardless of how well the dogs were fed bred and conditioned. These dogs were nothing more than a money maker for dogger's at the cost of the dogs life. Why should a dog have to fight mans battle? It's a sick twisted way to love if you ask me. The dog dies a hero the dogger moves on to the next money maker. Now how fair is that to the DEAD GAME dog? How could this possibly be humaine? Yeah the pitbull was bred to fight that does not make it right though. Because the intentions was never for the good of the dog only for the good of man.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 8:13 am

Hahaha...pointless argument for sure but what the hell, it is the pit...If you ever witness a dog looking across with one thing on his mind, regardless of any factor that we as overly emotional human beings may believe he should be feeling, you'll undoubtedly question the cruelty aspect. Believe it or not, dogs can make decisions without our help or guidance. I've never once seen a dog stop to consult his buddy in the heat of battle. If he won't go, he won't go. Simple as that. If he wants out, he wants out and a decent human being should honor his dog before his pride or pocketbook. Are there ignorant morons out there forcing dogs to fight for their lives? Of course there are and IMO, they should be dealt with accordingly. Only a complete sociopath would allow a dog to endure more than he could handle and it takes a level of knowledge we, as pet bull owners, can only imagine. It's easy as hell to just slap a cruelty label on the whole ball of wax and feel like we are righting some terrible wrong in the world. But believe it or not, there are people out there with only the betterment of the breed in mind, and there's only one way to do it. Use it or lose it. Easy as that. It boils down to what breed of dog you really do appreciate. The AST? The pet bull? The Ambully? Or the one and only APBT? You can't improve the APBT by winning WP ribbons, show titles, so on and so on. You can however improve the spinoff pet versions via modern and popular accomplishments. Yep, I went there, lol. This sure is a good time. So, who's up next?
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 8:16 am

By the way, whoever voted for the "illegal" choice needs to step up and present their argument. Come on, don't be shy...
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 9:10 am

I guess I see things for what they truly are money is the root of all evil and dogfighting for man = money and lots of it... the dog fights because it's put in a situation to fight even if the dog enjoys it because it's been bred to kill does not mean it's ok for man to put the dog in that type of situation to begin with where he/she could injure himself or another dog. Some of us even today own dogs who are D/A enough that if put in a situation to fight it would. But as loving owner's without money on the mind and the best intrest of the dog and other's dogs at heart we go the extra mile to keep these types of dogs contained properly to avoid any unwanted fights or accidents that could injure the dog or someone elses dog. Unless your some sort of a sicko who gets OFF on watching 2 animals rip eachother apart and yeah I think it's just as much of an adrenaline rush for the dogger as it is for those paying to see the fight. It's just sick shit IMO. Doggers are just like their dogs "ANIMALS" they have no remorse feeling or concious for what they do.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 9:47 am

For shits and grins, an outside opinion regarding the moral integrity and the responsibility of any "dogger":

"The first step in saving your dog's life is to have enough sense to know when to pick him up. Really. All of the best medical techniques known to man will be useless to you if you have let your dog go to the point of no return in his match. The key here is to realize that your dog will continue to go downhill, even after you pick him up. Think about it. If you roll your dog for ten minutes, he seems fine when you pick him up - but how does he look a couple of hours later? All sore and limping, doesn't he? Well, what do you think happens when you pick up a dog when he's at death's door? The answer is he continues to go downhill and passes through death's door in a few hours. The result: another good dog lost to his owner's stupidity. You must understand, if you care about your dog's life, that he will continue to go downhill another 10% - 20% after you pick him up. Therefore, you must factor in this process as you watch the match.
One of the best ways to factor this in is to make a habit of picking up your dog the minute the idea pops into your mind. For if the thought that "I'd better pick him up" pops into your mind, there is probably a reason. If you are going to be wrong, it is far better to error on the side of your dog's life than it is to error on the side of your dog's death...It is far better to pick up a dog 15 minutes too early than one second too late...It is far better to be MAN ENOUGH to lose some money, like a good sport, than to be STUPID ENOUGH to lose both your money and a game dog. Remember: you cannot breed to a dead dog, you cannot match a dead dog, and most people would be uninterested in purchasing a dead dog, so even if you have no heart or compassion at all towards your friend who's in there trying his hardest for you ... even as a business decision, it is still a dumb move to let your dog get killed in a match. Hopefully, however, you have some moral integrity and do not get off on watching a fine animal lose his life.
Assuming that you're a concerned enthusiast, when your dog is losing, his life depends on your judgment. The first step in exercising good judgment is to know when to pick up. One of the best ways to learn this is to do a little fighting yourself. Take up boxing, or wrestling, or some other form of human fighting (where you're really in there fighting an opponent), so you get a sense of what it's like to get your own butt kicked. This will do wonders in teaching you the difference between when you're simply losing (but can still mount a comeback), as opposed to when you are so tired and beat up that things need to be stopped. This has a remarkable tendency to give you an eye for where your dog is when he's in the trenches. You will note that most of the people who lack the heart to get in there and save their dog also lack the heart to fight for real against a quality opponent themselves. They may carry a gun, or pick on the weak - but you will observe a tendency to avoid a real challenge. Why? Because heart goes both ways - if you have a good heart towards others, you'll have it in the trenches. If you see people who don't have a good heart towards others, including their dogs, you'll find it lacking when they're in deep themselves too. It is true every single time. " - borrowed from a man who probably would rather remain annonymous
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 12:40 pm

I voted illegal, and there's no argument, I just don't feel that it's inhumane and cruel to fight dogs... in a 'proper scenario'.

If I were to visit a country where dog fighting is legal and they have sporting events for it, I would go. Now after I experience it, will I change how I feel?

Maybe
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 4:15 pm

Those "proper" scenarios have been sugar coated dude.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Nov 2008, 5:25 pm

NesOne wrote:
I voted illegal, and there's no argument, I just don't feel that it's inhumane and cruel to fight dogs... in a 'proper scenario'.

If I were to visit a country where dog fighting is legal and they have sporting events for it, I would go. Now after I experience it, will I change how I feel?

Maybe

I gotta say, I'm surprised. I can't vote because I don't like the question or the choices lol. Either way good topic. Interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Hate Dog Fighting Because...   You Hate Dog Fighting Because... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Hate Dog Fighting Because...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next