American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...

Go down 
+3
Admin
RedDoggy
LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se

LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se

Female
Number of posts : 8
Warnings :
So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Right_bar_bleue

So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Empty
PostSubject: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:27 pm

So as i mentioned in my intro, i am going to the SJpolice acedemy. i have been talking to alot of people about their k9s and have been really interested in it. An APBT just retired from the force. he was 11yrs and had 10yrs under his belt. so i talked to that officer and he said having a pitbull on the force was great. everyone loved him and he always stood out from all the german shepards. so i mentioned i had a puppy and want to get her involved in something and he suggested putting her thru training!!!! i am SERIOUSLy considering it. takes about 2 years for them to be completely trained and we cant start intil she is about a year. soooooo what are ur guys opinion on this? i think it would be awesome to brag about our breed protecting and serving!!!!!! grin grin grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eron_lillocs
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:32 pm

Great! More publicity for the good guys! I think this is a fantastic idea, let us know if you need any help along the way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 10:53 pm

I'm assuming your talking about Schutzhund.
I think it's great because people look up to the boys in blue and having a pit next to them makes it that much better.. Go for it!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se

LiiL_L0cz_Red_N0se

Female
Number of posts : 8
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:50 pm

Hey admin sorry it took me so long to reply to your post, however she wont be doing it just for sport she will be my actual k9 with a badge and all. I am also going to be going undercover working the gang unit and she will be my udnercover dog because she is a APBT and as we all know fake thugs ans dealers keep pits around to make them look tough. ALSO the dog fighting has hit an all time high in san jose at the moment so she will be attending the dog fights with me (she will not fight!) but in order to get into those events i must have a pitbull that is eligibal for fightin. so in order to prosecute and arrest i must attend and look as tho i am apart of the crowd. anyway, hope that gave u a little more insight as to what Kenya may be doing in the near future.. OH! she will not be a drug dog! they put drugs in the food in order to train the dogs to find it and im sorry as much as i woud love for her to be the hero of the pd, i d no condone that kinda of thing. anyway, thnx for the pots!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eron_lillocs
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 1:32 pm

It would be great to have her as your sidekick, especially for undercover work.
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Number of posts : 154
Personalized field : TO THE CORNER
Warnings :
So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2008, 5:16 pm

wonderful
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlecountrykennels.com/
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008, 9:12 am

WOW the underground dog fighting world sounds like serious business...I would be to afraid of something bad happening to my best friend...Good luck to you that is some serious stuff you wanna get into, and I wish you two the best. I can tell you one thing, there is no other companion I'd rather have by my side.
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Number of posts : 13
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2008, 10:30 pm

I don't want to be a critical b++++ or anything, but this just seems very unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be awesome and all.

BUT, 99.9 percent of dogs that serve in an actual K9 unit are imported. None of the GSDs are of American bloodlines. This is because all registered GSDs in Germany must have titles in Sch in order to be bred. Even less of these dogs are k9 quality. You can't just take a dog off the street with unknown parentage and unproven lineage and make a k9 quality dog. I'll get you specific statistic when I get home, but I'd say only 2 percent of imported GSDs are worthy. Other breeds, as cool as they are are a fractional amount. My point is very, VERY few dogs can be k9 quality. Sch is completely different, and all working breeds can participate for the most part.

Furthermore, dogs selected for k9 prospect, start training from puppy hood. Not necessarily formal training, but training to build drive, focus, confidence, and a full bite. Heavy, heavy socialization and desensitation training all happen during the middle to late puppy months. Soft bite training usually starts in the late puppy months.

I also don't see the logic in thinking that walking up to some gang members with a pit is going to get you invited to a match. What are you going to do when they wanna roll your dog?

I'm sorry, this is just to hard for me to believe at the moment. Maybe you could clarify for me? Eh?
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2008, 10:35 pm

Can't edit my posts on my phone but I wanted to add that I get my information from my brother in law who is a k9 officer in Pigeon Forge. So I know my business. I have also done quite a bit of research on the issue because I'm a doberman enthusiast as well.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2008, 11:01 pm

Actually I have trainer friend of mine that trains dog for police work. You are right not many dogs are cut out for life as a K-9, however he has taken "dogs off the street" as you say...most of which are malinos rescues...and made them into damn good police dogs, bomb dogs, and drug sniffers.

Also most of your German GSD's tend to have a better track record in the health dept. especially hips...because of their strict breeding policies...if you want the best of the best, and are working with an unlimited budget why not choose from top stock.

But there are APBT K-9s out there and just because there aren't many doesn't mean that she and her pup will not to be able to achieve this...

I understand your realistic approach, but before you "piss on someone's rainbow" at least give them the encouragement to try...
Back to top Go down
Indica

Indica

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitimeWed 08 Oct 2008, 3:29 am

Dangit. I posted a nice little reply and it didn't work. Phoey. :/

Anyway, good luck with Kenya I hope she takes names for you and get the breed some representin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...   So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Kenya is to be a SJ Police k9...
Page 1 of 1