American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canidae Responded To Me!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :
Canidae Responded To Me! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Canidae Responded To Me! Right_bar_bleue

Canidae Responded To Me! Empty
PostSubject: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008, 6:21 pm

Here's what I sent them:

Hi, I just wanted to let you guys know that I tried a bag of the new "formula" and was dissatisfied. My dog still loved it, and ate it up right away as always, however, his stools began to be too soft. So much that it would smush up when I would pick it up. I noticed the difference in quality from the moment I opened the bag. The original was dark colored, and with this new formula, it became light brown and even smelled different. When I smelled it, it resembled Iams, and we all know what type of quality they put into their food.

So I have to say that although you guys are keeping things real hush hush about Diamond, you certainly couldn't hide it in your product. I thank you for providing a good quality food for the 1st 7 months of my puppy's life, but am sad to say that I will now look elsewhere for the quality of food that you use to provide.

Sincerely,
Nestor Salcido

And here's their response:

Dear Nestor,

Our production partnership with Diamond Pet Foods has already surpassed future AAFCO and FDA standards. By meeting the newer pre-process and post-process monitoring guidelines with state of the art equipment and procedures, our partnership has enabled us to produce a safer, higher quality product with specific procedures in place to assure the health and well being of your pet.
To assure the safety of our products, CANIDAE has strict protocols which require that all formulas are tested in-line during our production runs, and cleared by a second supervisor every 30 minutes. Additionally, there are 141 ingredient tests and 10 finished product tests. We at CANIDAE understand the level of trust that you have come to expect from us and our products and it is our responsibility and commitment to deliver on that trust!
Now with three production facilitates we are also able to cut down on pollution, fuel consumption, carbon emissions, as well as many other positive environmental impacts. In addition to these environmental improvements, these changes also dramatically reduce our freight costs and reduce transit times, enabling even fresher products.

CANIDAE is committed to providing the highest standard of excellence for nutritional benefit, palatability, and customer satisfaction.

Dogs digestive systems become accustomed to digesting the same formula, and dogs due best when the diet is consistent. When you feed your dog another formula, or in the instance where we made slight changes, a Biological Acclimation within your dog must occur. Each dog will react differently when this acclimation occurs. Most dogs have no issues at all acclimating, while a slight percentage may experience loose stools. It is always best to mix your old food with a new diet over several days however this isn’t always possible. In this instance reduce the intake and increase the feedings per day with smaller portions to help speed up the adjustment period if your dog is overly sensitive to diet change. If you are among the few that are having a transitional issue we greatly apologize. Please realize we wouldn’t have gone through these changes if we weren’t making a better product. We are confident you will see the improvements once you are on our products and realize it’s our commitment to provide you a super high quality consistent diet your dog can thrive on.
Advances in nutritional pet information are constantly evolving. With this improved data, and after broad-spectrum analysis of all ingredients, as well as extensive feed testing, CANIDAE is providing the most nutritious, all natural, palatable products in the marketplace today.
All CANIDAE formulations have increased levels of meat protein and lowered diversified carbohydrates. With more meat and less carbs, we have nutritionally increased overall complex carbohydrate quality!

Please visit
http://canidae.com/new-formulas.html to learn more about our improved formulations.

Also, be sure to click on the link below to view our 3 new grain free formulations.
http://www.canidae.com/index.html

Sincerely,
Julie@Team Canidae
Back to top Go down
Marty
V.I.P.
Marty

Male
Number of posts : 202
Warnings :
Canidae Responded To Me! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Canidae Responded To Me! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008, 6:32 pm

NesOne, Mind if I cross post this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com/
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008, 6:37 pm

Nope, go for it.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008, 6:47 pm

Well, that's interesting. Lucky for us, we found a local dealer today who carries the Nature's Variety kennel packs. I'm tired of my dogs pooping yellow soft serve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug 2008, 6:58 pm

LMAO, soft serve, lol. What's funny is the new 30 lb. bag of "Grain Free" that they are pushing out now. And their regular ALS shows on their site that they now offer a 44 lb. bag, I mean a big bag like that just reminds me of Pedigree, lol.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug 2008, 1:41 am

Offering the new bag is just their way of trying to convince people that prices didn't really go up. "See? See? We've got a bigger bag now! Sure, it's probably $50 while you're paying $40 for the new 35 lb bags that used to be 40 lbs. But we're Canidae! We rule!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canidae Responded To Me!   Canidae Responded To Me! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canidae Responded To Me!
Page 1 of 1