American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Would You Do????

Go down 
+4
buzhunter
lovemypits
Carriana
RedDoggy
8 posters

What would you do?
Nothing
What Would You Do???? Vote_lcap0%What Would You Do???? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Leave a note for the owner
 0% [ 0 ]
Call the police and wait there
What Would You Do???? Vote_lcap31%What Would You Do???? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Call the police and leave
 0% [ 0 ]
Break the window and save the dog
What Would You Do???? Vote_lcap38%What Would You Do???? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Other
What Would You Do???? Vote_lcap31%What Would You Do???? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
What Would You Do???? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Would You Do???? Right_bar_bleue

What Would You Do???? Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 10:53 pm

If you were walking through a parkinglot, it was warm out, and you saw a dog stuck in a car, alone, with the windows up what would you do?
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :
What Would You Do???? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Would You Do???? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 10:58 pm

I hate this crap! Honestly, I could care less about the crimianl damage done to the car! That's a lesser charge than what the DA is gonna want to push anyway. I live in AZ, it's too damn hot to be leaving kids and dogs in cars, like a couple hundred degrees to hot inside of a vehicle. I could give a crap less about a fine when it comes to the welfare of a living being either. Sorry, but if you're someone who does your gorciery shopping with your dogs in the car you just flat out don't deserve to own dogs!
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:08 pm

I think I would first attempt to find the owner and let them know their animals is suffering. If I couldn't find them, or they didn't care, I would then either call the police or the ASPCA, whichever one would actually do something about it and wait until they got there so that I could make sure the animal was okay.

I saw an episode of Animal Cops where they found a lab locked in a car, had been there for several days and it was obvious how badly the animal had suffered. It had crawled underneath the drivers side dashboard to attempt to get away from the heat and then died in such a position that you just knew it had suffered horribly.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:19 pm

See, I can't totally agree with that but I see where you're coming from.... You wanna do it by the book. We just had a case finally wrap up three days ago, that began one year ago. It was the middle of summer and there was a serial killer running around killing anyone he could get his hands on. There was a police officer who was on double shift as a result of this and he came home in the middle of the day to rest a bit, while he was still on call. He tok a nap and never got a patrol call. 8 hours later he went out to his car and found his police k9 dead and stuck to the back seat of his squad car. There were neighbors who saw the dog in there but never thought to call anyone because the owner was a cop! The BS part is that the cop got away with it!!! So even an authority can make a mistake. In adition to that there was a shooting that accured Friday night 3 houses down from mine. I called the cops (911) and it took them right around an hour to get here. So, living in a big city had disadvantages, when you talk about sitting and waiting, are you willing t watch that dog suffer and possibly die or are you gonna turn your back while you wait?
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:39 pm

Well like I said, I would stick around. If it got to the point where the dog was in dire need of getting out of that car ASAP I would take action. But I don't feel it's necesary to do something drastic like breaking a window unless there's a failure on the part of the authorities to show up and do something about it.

I wonder if you could call a locksmith...I mean, they wouldn't be able to prove it wasn't your car until they got it unlocked and then at least you would have gotten the dog out. I wonder if that would be a similar charge as breaking a window...?
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 24 Aug 2008, 11:51 pm

Breaking a window is criminal damage, which would prolly be dropped to property damage. Hiring a lock smith would be B&E which you would get some time for even though it's a lesser charge on the M scale...... Too much experience with the law, LOL!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Greeter
lovemypits

Female
Number of posts : 166
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:18 am

I would call the police and wait. If the dog was near death.. maybe then I would do something. I live in a pretty small town so the police could be there in like 2 min from anywhere in my town. There have been times I have had my dogs in the car and i've ran in the store for something. I'd be pissed if someone broke my window for sure!! Then again.. I don't leave them out there longer than to grab something quick... never grocery shopping or anything.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 9:59 am

Don't know what I'd do honestly. Most times I just mind my own. I really don't have a sense of responsibility toward anything that does not involve me personally. I guess it would depend on how the situation looked to me and what kind of mood I was in.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 12:26 pm

If nobody was around (witnesses), I'd bust the window and let the dog loose.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug 2008, 7:23 pm

Thats kick ass Nes, I would grab it and take it to the illegals nextdoor, give em $29, and have them take it to the human society or something..... Couldn't tell you exactly what I'd do though.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2008, 4:39 pm

hahahaha, they'd probably buy beer with the $29, keep the dog, and if it was a pit, put it to work, hahahahaha. I know that's what I would do groovy drink
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2008, 5:27 pm

It would depend on the state of the dog, so if it looked like it was in desperate need of help the dog would come up missing. I've done it before and I'll do it again.
If someone is stupid enough to do that then they don't need them anyway...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
smokey_joe

smokey_joe

Number of posts : 56
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2008, 2:06 pm

I'd try to find the owner first. If I couldn't, then I would call the police. If they didn't show up fast enough, I'd break out the window.

I take my girls along in the car with me alot, and when I run in the store, I leave the car running with the air on.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2008, 2:44 pm

Well I see alot of people voting to just kidnap the dog but I dont see alot of speaking up.......
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2008, 2:48 pm

I know a guy who took a dog out of a bad situation. I guess he did the right thing. It all depends on wether or not you're willing to risk the owner paying you back for taking his shit. You gotta remember that some people don't consider the option of involving the cops when they even up the score. Just food for thought. We all don't play by the same set of rules.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeTue 02 Sep 2008, 2:28 pm

Involving cops? Who does that? hahahahaha. I guess from the people that have voted, it shows that we're split 50/50 on involving the cops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 4:57 pm

No question I would break the window!! And if the owner of the car complains I'll break there face. I hate stupid people with a fire of a thousand suns. Sorry I think I have HA
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2008, 10:45 pm

First off I got a big mouth..i'd call cops and make a sceene(hoping someone would come defend me if someone wants to battle) and try opening door first....if that didn't work..i'd check conditon of dog and at the first sight of distress a windshild coming out..I know that most expensive glass..SHAME I KNOW...then that dogs going in my truck till cops and animal control get there and our cops are here in like 1 minute.I have a window breaker thingy in my truck.If cops don't show im taking the dog to them.People tend to wanna fight when you bust windows out and take shit..worse I seen was a mom leaving a infant and toddler sleeping with a window down half way to run in and get shoes to match her dress.Not a good thing to do in front of someone training to be social worker huh....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Do????   What Would You Do???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Would You Do????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Pit Bull :: The Pit :: The Pit-
Jump to: