American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty
V.I.P.
Marty

Male
Number of posts : 202
Warnings :
Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Right_bar_bleue

Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Empty
PostSubject: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com/
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :
Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 9:59 am

Well, that takes some weight of me now that I know I'm not the only one who thinks the show ring ruined the working dog..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 1:28 pm

Thats why I've never been one to take much interest in show dogs or conf champions. Never understood how a bulldog can be dubbed "a fine specimen", or considered a champion without ever proving himself in the traditional way. I know, I know, times have changed. It doesn't change the fact that the APBT has gone down the same road as many other breeds. My sig says it all. flush
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 4:52 pm

I can agree to disagree but I have seen quite a few byb dogs that can give show dogs a run for their money JMO. Sydney is a prefect example of a byb dog who is absolute perfection. I have seen some nice looking dogs that were well bred and came from a byb's yard. While I think back yard breeder's have caused alot of problems for the breed I think show ring dogs are bred for one purpose and that is looks.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 6:23 pm

I'd rather see someone breed for the show ring than for no reason at all. Ideally, though people should breed for the total dog. That's why I'm glad that the UKC has programs like the Superdog deal available, as well as Total Dog awards for a win in the show ring + qualifying score in a performance event at the same show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring   Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making & Breaking Dogs in the Show Ring
Page 1 of 1