American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loki got hit by a car today...

Go down 
+10
NesOne
BlueBullyBabe
Kat&askem
Tcarter
Admin
RedDoggy
locote6174
Sadieblues
lovemypits
Carriana
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :
Loki got hit by a car today... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Loki got hit by a car today... Right_bar_bleue

Loki got hit by a car today... Empty
PostSubject: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 12:31 am

HE'S OKAY!!! THANK GOD! So you can stop worrying.

I think the car might have suffered more damage, but I am not sure, I was at work at the time. My husband got home from work, his dad came over, somehow...the gate was not latched properly and the dogs got out. It happens. And fortunately, Loki is fine. The woman who hit him stated to my father in law "your brown dog hit my car". You could imagine what I would have done had I been there and heard her say that...but alas, I was not. Darn. Three staples and a few stitches later he is none the worse for wear, and I am not sure he even noticed anything was wrong. He is back to his normal self already. Just trying to keep and eye on him and make sure he doesn't paw or rub at the staples. This is one lucky dog!

Loki got hit by a car today... Lokivscar4
Loki got hit by a car today... Lokivscar1
Loki got hit by a car today... Lokivscar2
Loki got hit by a car today... Lokivscar3
Loki got hit by a car today... Lokivscar
Loki got hit by a car today... Closeup
Loki got hit by a car today... Closeup1

Send some happy thoughts and prayers his way for a speedy recovery. We were told he would probably have a scar, but oh well. He's alive! That's what matters to me!
Back to top Go down
lovemypits
Greeter
lovemypits

Female
Number of posts : 166
Warnings :
Loki got hit by a car today... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Loki got hit by a car today... Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 12:34 am

Poor baby!! Thank goodness he is okay. Good vibes for a speedy recovery!!
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 2:29 am

Poor Baby I hope he makes a quick recovery ...
Back to top Go down
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 2:36 am

Crying or Very sad hope loki gets well soon
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 4:55 am

darn! Poor guy. What a trooper. Keep us updated on his condition.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 6:36 am

Dang it staples and all. So it's mostly limited to his face?
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Tcarter

Tcarter

Male
Number of posts : 129
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 7:59 am

how was he is the back yard? Was he just running around or tethered to anything. I'm glad he is ok but you may want to evaluate the situation if it would have been a few other senarios.
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 9:22 am

POOR BABY..kiss him for me...now he looks like them there fighten dogs....=0) Can you use scar cream preventor on it once it totally heals? I know you can on some animals to help scaring if you want his pretty face to heal,I'm glad to see he is tough dog.
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 11:39 am

awww Loki. Get well soon!
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 11:41 am

Poor guy, hopes he gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 1:25 pm

wow sorry to hear it...glad to hear he is ok!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 2:17 pm

Tcarter wrote:
how was he is the back yard? Was he just running around or tethered to anything. I'm glad he is ok but you may want to evaluate the situation if it would have been a few other senarios.

I agree! Glad the dog is ok. I wouldn't be taking this so lightly though.
Back to top Go down
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 11:53 pm

Sending some luvs his way for a quick and easy healing!!!
Back to top Go down
MSK
Greeter
MSK

Female
Number of posts : 240
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 12:00 am

sorry Poor Loki hope hes feeling okay
Back to top Go down
http://tntforum.heavenforum.com
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 12:20 am

Admin wrote:
Dang it staples and all. So it's mostly limited to his face?

Only his face actually. He had a scuff on his elbow, and some road rash on his chin.

This is one lucky dog!
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 12:23 am

Tcarter wrote:

We don't tether. Our dogs are house dogs and because Loki is still a puppy and tends to be destructive they do not generally spend great lengths of time outseide without someone out there with them. This was just a thing where someone not in the household didn't ltach the gate properly, and when the dogs were let out, they- the people- went into the shop (which is detatched off the yard) and they were in there no more than five minutes and the dogs got out.

Nothing to evaluate other than making sure we tighten the spring on the gate and make sure the latch is fail safe.
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Healing Nicely...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008, 11:55 pm

Lo got his staples and stiches out last Saturday...

Loki got hit by a car today... 100_1545
Loki got hit by a car today... Scar
Back to top Go down
MSK
Greeter
MSK

Female
Number of posts : 240
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2008, 12:41 am

Looking good glad he came out of it with only a scratch and nothing worse.
Back to top Go down
http://tntforum.heavenforum.com
lovemypits
Greeter
lovemypits

Female
Number of posts : 166
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2008, 12:42 am

Awww.. his battle scars. Thank god he is okay though.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2008, 4:04 am

Poor kid. At least its just superficial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Aug 2008, 4:14 am

I don't think the scar will be that bad.... Besides, bitches dig scars!(meant female dog)
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2008, 12:22 am

Yeah, I think J is right. I think some of the cats' nine lives have rubbed off on him, he is a lucky dog!

He didn't want to go near the vet though, he must have remembered her from before, he actually tried to crawl over my lap and into the corner in the exam room. It was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitimeSat 23 Aug 2008, 1:05 am

Healed up nicely!! i can just imagine him at the vet lol!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loki got hit by a car today...   Loki got hit by a car today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loki got hit by a car today...
Page 1 of 1