American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lugz...Again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :
Lugz...Again Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Lugz...Again Right_bar_bleue

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 3:16 pm

Never seems to end with this guy. So I went out last night for the first time in a long time. Got home around 4am all the dogs where crated and asleep but Lugz. He was standing in the corner shaking a little bit and drooling like mad and his bed was -soaked- in puke. Every half hour or so he would get up and puke in the corner, a nasty mucusy clear puke, it got to the point where when he was hacking he was puking a little. *sigh* Also his neck abcess is back, it swoll back up yesterday. So the ER vet around here isn't open all night they close down for like five hours each night. Its weird, so They are open now I am up and he's still puking off and on. So fingers crossed for us we are off to the vet....again.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 3:48 pm

OH NO!! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 5:31 pm

with the abcess mark im assuming open sore....have them run a staph test.I never knew a dog could get a staph infection till my doggy as a kid was almost killed by one he had a sore that kept coming back and then he go sick.A few rounds of antibiotics and he was GRAVY..
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 5:38 pm

this thing looked like a grapefruit was trying to escape out of his neck!

Are you back yet...do you have an update???
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 6:53 pm

*Bump* Update
Okay we just got back from the vet AND still not really sure.Thankfully the parvo test came back negative they Think its a massive bacterial infection. They gave him some SubQ fluids and sent me home with mass amounts of medication/injections to give him and drained off his abcess again and gave me a thing to flush it out with. They said if his stool turns runny to call them and they will try to parvo test again. I have had a parvo pup before and he doesn't seem parvoy to me thankfully. He is feeling better, just ate some food and went outside to go say hi to everyone.

This kid is a handful!

He look like quasimoto from the subQ fluids lol
Lugz...Again Vet003

I can start my own vet clinic now.
Lugz...Again Vet002
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 6:56 pm

Kat&askem wrote:
with the abcess mark im assuming open sore....have them run a staph test.I never knew a dog could get a staph infection till my doggy as a kid was almost killed by one he had a sore that kept coming back and then he go sick.A few rounds of antibiotics and he was GRAVY..

No its not open. It just looks like he has a golfball stuck under his skin. It was really pussy when they drained it this time, they gave him a booster again also. They think it was origionaly from a puppy bit and just has been festering for a while
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 7:14 pm

Poor Lugz

Fell better soon!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 8:04 pm

Damn that sucks. Why so many problems already? Fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 8:15 pm

Probably bad breeding, forgot to mention that Lugz in inbred. Parents are bro/sister. I think he has a weak immune system from it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 8:35 pm

AHHHH I see...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 9:05 pm

i'm not sure if its ok to say this don't take it wrong way but if they have any thought that it might be parvo is it ok to be with the other pups? I thought that is what pounds are always having issues with?
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 10:59 pm

Kat&askem wrote:
i'm not sure if its ok to say this don't take it wrong way but if they have any thought that it might be parvo is it ok to be with the other pups? I thought that is what pounds are always having issues with?

the other dogs are all older. Tank is 10 and Tonka is 1.5. The only one that would still be in danger is Sway and she has had ALL her shots at this point.

However I doubt it is parvo. I just got back from my parents and he came running to the door doing his bark growl greeting and is running around again. I think he just, got dehydrated and had that really sick day we all get when we aren't feeling good.
Back to top Go down

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 11:03 pm

BlueBullyBabe wrote:
Kat&askem wrote:

the other dogs are all older. Tank is 10 and Tonka is 1.5. The only one that would still be in danger is Sway and she has had ALL her shots at this point.

However I doubt it is parvo. I just got back from my parents and he came running to the door doing his bark growl greeting and is running around again. I think he just, got dehydrated and had that really sick day we all get when we aren't feeling good.
From reading the thread it doesn't sound like parvo. Just a heads up about it though......just because a dog is vx for it, doesn't mean it's impossible for them to get it. While unlikely, not impossible. If you ever suspect parvo you should treat it as a very serious issue and disinfect everywhere with a bleach/water mixture.
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 9:42 am

is parvo a puppy only thing? seems when pound get it all dogs go down..and it all gets bleched and air out for weeks...
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 11:54 am

Its generally a puppy thing, most adult dogs have built up immunity to it. However it is still possible for -any- dog to catch it ands its HORRIBLy contagious to puppies. Can live in your lawn/carpet/couch/anything for -years- very hard to get rid of once you've had it in your house.

BTW Lugz does NOT have parvo, he didn't throw up at all last night and was bouncing around this morning like a crazy dog.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 12:32 pm

Thank God !!! I am so happy he is doing better... Just need to get rid of that infection from that abcess ... Let us know how he does
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 1:33 pm

thats great...Thanks for the info..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lugz...Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugz...Again   Lugz...Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lugz...Again
Page 1 of 1