American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Supplements Do You Use?

Go down 
+6
bahamutt99
Sydney
Kat&askem
RedDoggy
Sadieblues
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage

What Supplements Do You Use? Empty
PostSubject: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 7:37 pm

I didn't see any threads on supplements so I thought I would start one.

Does anybody give supplements to their dogs? If so what and why?

I use Innova Evo dog food. Very high in protein and fat, low in carbs.
I also supplement with "The Missing Link" w/glucosamine and Omega 3 fish oil from SeaPet.

My dogs do GREAT on this combination.

I used to give pet tabs also, but do not anymore. I do HIGHLY suggest giving them to pups till the age of 1 or 1 1/2.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :
What Supplements Do You Use? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Supplements Do You Use? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 7:40 pm

I should but I dont... hammer
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
What Supplements Do You Use? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Supplements Do You Use? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 8:28 pm

Innova puppy ... omega 3 and a multi vitamin
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 8:33 pm

I supplement with 3 eggs per week, cottage cheese, yougurt, rice w/ chopped boiled chicken, B complex vitamins, Omega3, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Cranberry Fruit pills (straight protien). All of this is on top of their kibbles.

Here in another month or so, once I have the girls caught up with work outs, I'll start a creatine regiment and work the tread mill an hour each everyday, they'll still get their walks and normal exercise.... Oh, almost forgot, they get 350 units of vitamin C everyday too.
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 9:12 pm

I used brewers yeast and garliC IT INCLUDES (ops lock) Omega 3 ,B-complex,fish oil and more From a once over vitamins include: Znc,Iron,Folic Acid,b12,DHA,and DPa, made for skin and coat care and then Puppy vitamins but I can't tell you whats in it because I gave them away with socket. Is these Vitamins ok to use or should I switch? I did scramble socket eggs about 3 mornings a week to get some protein in him then was told that was a bad idea..but continued it.he enjoyed it way to well to stop.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 9:36 pm

Sydney eats a "Kristin's Raw Diet" with "Ruffiage Cupcakes"

as far as supplements go we use Liquid health Level 5000, for healthy bones and joints...and Marin's K-9 Energol, as a trace element follow up to the raw diet. So far I can't complain!
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 3:05 am

I've got one jar left of Solid Gold Multivitamins that I give maybe once a week. And glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM daily. Toss in a glob of olive oil every few days to add a little shine to the coats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
dddirty

Number of posts : 4
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2008, 1:22 am

so after doin my research and about 2 weeks of use my dogs look effin amazing imo. they get 2 eggs a week snow gets yolk on monday and monster gets yolk on friday. cranberry pills once a week on friday and monster gets puppy tabs everyday but only 1 not 1 per 10 lbs. snow gets puppy tab on friday with cranberry pill. woring great coat energy level build all looking great after 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 1:06 pm

Just started adding in Vertex, and I am so far very happy
Back to top Go down
littlecountry

littlecountry

Male
Number of posts : 154
Personalized field : TO THE CORNER
Warnings :
What Supplements Do You Use? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What Supplements Do You Use? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 1:17 pm

none
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlecountrykennels.com/
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 1:52 pm

I don't use any, and wonder how much does it really help?
Back to top Go down
PeanutsMommy

PeanutsMommy

Female
Number of posts : 15
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Sep 2008, 5:49 pm

I use NuVet Labs vitamins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Supplements Do You Use?   What Supplements Do You Use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Supplements Do You Use?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Pit Bull :: The Pit :: Health & Nutrition-
Jump to: