American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PLease help

Go down 
+2
BlueBullyBabe
Kat&askem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :
PLease help Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PLease help Right_bar_bleue

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 7:42 pm

Im confussed with the whole BYB thing...I am getting a pup with papers both parents are REG with papers and am being told they are
Razor Edge Blue Pits.. My puppy will have papers.Does that mean I am getting a BYB or what? My friend who has momma dog has breeding papers and the dad has something to be a "stud" dog.I have NEVER had a purebreed and I never bought a dog.So please help me with this. does the dog look have anything to do with it?I have pictures.Mom dog is 2.5 and daddy is 3.5 years old.The momma has health check papers and pup will 2. Daddy has them but they are almost a year old when he got his shots.his next one isnt till Dec this year.What else do I need to look at?
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 7:51 pm

https://americanpitbull.forummotion.com/apbt-general-discussion-f4/are-you-a-byb-t258.htm

this explains what a BYB -is-

Both of my bullies are papered also, but their breeding is still a byb. They don't do anything with their dogs, they are just pets who have litters. :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 7:54 pm

A byb can mean anything from an inexperienced breeder to anyone doing it just for the sake of breeding or for money.
The sire and dam have to be proven decorated parents to be bred...Othewise people are going to have a hay-day...
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 8:13 pm

oh ok so a BYB doesn't always= horrid puppies...from what I told you above is there anything else I need to look at..
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the link...I just took a look and I now see how bad breeding is.I know I am adding to the problem but I will promise that this pup will be altered asap and will NOT be used to have have more pups.
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 8:35 pm

Here are a few more links on the BYB vs Reputable Breeder thing.

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Fair/1901/chart.html
http://www.ukcpitbull.com/pitblog/?p=18
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 8:50 pm

ok..well let me ask in a different way..I have shown momma and I know her health is well and so daddy.Is it safe to assume that I will have a decent puppy to be a family pet, Im not looking for show or breeding dog but a family pet.I plan to have him sniped and clip asap and he will have a health check asap when I get him.Im not worried about $$ put out just that I can get a dog thats not abused and starving like the last rescue was when I got him. I see alot of people have BYB dogs.
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 8:56 pm

DUDE thanks soo much for that link..I never knew dog age effects his temperment.My last pup was "suppose" to be 6 weeks..vet said more like 4.5 and told me to use mother milk to suppliment feeding with kibble.Could that have had anything to do with agression? BTW The dog I am getting has about 90% of the good breeder list on that Lawrence Co paper only missing the dog club thing and show dogs.EVEN though the mom dog brother holds many ribbons.Not sure if that says anything for her.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:37 pm

<---also the product of a BYB (w/o papers) I was totally naive and uneducated, as were many others...so don't feel bad we are all here to learn and grow.

SIDE NOTE: A vet check up, and UTD on shots does not equal a health tested dog...
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:48 pm

I am friend with our vet(she is my mom's neighbor)and the breeder,who a vet tech. The vet and all my animals are close she is actually the one who told me to get socket a kid free home.I had plans to put him down but she seen something in him.I am very good to my animals. All my animals are UTD on shots and vet care.I DO NOT slack on that.On that note, is there a Vet insurance that allows pits? Mine does not allow health care on Pits,GS,And like 4 others.And believe it or not my home owner insurance covers my dog for 8 bucks more...Your pups so pretty both of the BYB pups are....I HOPE that mine looks that well and has a good health report.The sad part is once I accept this animal(which I have already done) I will pay whatever need to be paid to get him healthy.Im not going to chunck him out but I think he will be well.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:54 pm

Sydney wrote:
<---also the product of a BYB (w/o papers) I was totally naive and uneducated, as were many others...so don't feel bad we are all here to learn and grow.

SIDE NOTE: A vet check up, and UTD on shots does not equal a health tested dog...

And a fine byb specimen she is too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:59 pm

here is a link that has different areas breeders health test for and why...

Link to OFA
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 11:59 pm

Sadieblues wrote:
Sydney wrote:

You are too kind and me and Syd thank you....but you still CAN'T have her LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:02 am

Sydney wrote:
Sadieblues wrote:
Sydney wrote:

You are too kind and me and Syd thank you....but you still CAN'T have her LOL!!!

I am just going to steal her LOL while your not looking hahahaha... No seriously she is a great looking apbt she was lucky enough to find a good mommy .. God bless you both..
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Warnings :

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitimeFri 01 Aug 2008, 12:11 am

You steal her and I'll take that fine blue you got there..fair deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PLease help Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLease help   PLease help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLease help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Pit Bull :: The Pit :: Bloodline Discussion-
Jump to: