American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

unregistered lines???

Go down 
+7
locote6174
buzhunter
Sydney
BlueBullyBabe
Sadieblues
RedDoggy
megz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :
unregistered lines??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100unregistered lines??? Right_bar_bleue

unregistered lines??? Empty
PostSubject: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:55 am

our Boomer is unregistered and only his dad had some "pedigree", not sure if he was even registered. (yeah, yeah, i know, don't get a dog from a byb. great people, mom and dad were health and temperment tested and we met mom and dad and were both great dogs. whatever doesn't matter. they bred some great dogs and when you find "your" dog, it doesn't matter. we tried the shelters and they just didn't have a dog for us and these people did.) so back to my point...
not knowing your dogs full line, could you figure it out??? maybe with area the dogs were bred, look, tempermant???? total question. again i am an info hog so if i can ask, i will lol!
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
unregistered lines??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100unregistered lines??? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 3:03 am

A funny man once stated to me.....

"I think people put too much stock into the big names"

I mean really, what makes a good dog. Each dog is his own. You can predict the temperament of a dog by it's lineage but it's like predicting the weather, not always accurate. Our last breedings showed us how you can not always predict the outcome. The pups have the bodies and smarts that were figured into the equation but their coats are not as predicted. Actually we were very far off from our prediction, not that it mattered much, but we were still off.
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 9:35 am

The way I understand it is without a pedigree which would come from the place your dog is registered there is no way to tell where your dogs bloodlines stem from which would tell a great deal about your dogs temperment ect a pedigree will is a dogs family tree if you will listing the parents grand parents great grand parents and so on as well as any titles won all of these things are kept on record with whom ever your dog is registered with. Breeding can be very tricky and is best left to those who understand it the pro's . But I will say may people including myself have purchased papered and unpapered dogs from a byb nothing to be ashamed of.
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 11:41 am

If you know -some- of the dads pedigree you can guess at the line. I would ask the breeders for the dads pull pedigree or his registered name if he has one.

Other than that you are SOL so to speak, there's really no way to tell.

I bought Sway from a BYB and Lugz ( I KNOW ) but I still love em.
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:19 pm

BYB PUPPIES UNITE!!! groovy

I know how you feel, I really wish I knew more of Syd's history but from what I have discovered unless they are papered you can't really find out much. (If you discover otherwise...please share!) Even sometimes when they are papered it's merely a pedigree FULL OF LIES!!
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:59 pm

However I bouth -registered- dogs from a BYB hehe. However I have a sneaking suspiscion there are hung papers back in Sways line about 6 gens.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 4:12 pm

A lot of pedigrees are full of lies. Unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the information is correct and accurate, well then, you really cannot take it seriously. The only way you can put much faith in them is by knowing the breeder personally and to have a reasonable amount of confidence in their knowledge of the accuracy. Even some of the best dogs peds are FOS in the interest of keeping secrets.
Back to top Go down
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 12:55 am

honestly i think its a waste of time, nowadays you dont knowwhat youre getting its so many bloodlines its crazy. even the "original" lines are tainted. Who can you trust anymore. my opinion it doesnt matter what you have as long as you treat the dog right and keep the breed out of the mud youre doing your part. Id love to have a COLBY,MAYFEILD, or original RAZORS EDGE, but unfortunatly it highly unlikely to get one nowadays ill be damed if i spend 2-3k on a "original" then to find out its the exact opposite ill be on my way to the nearest jailhouse for putting my foot up someones ass. box
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Number of posts : 63
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 10:09 pm

you can make a educated guess in ceartin situations but it really shouldnt matter,jmo....
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 10:39 pm

keith wrote:
you can make a educated guess in ceartin situations but it really shouldnt matter,jmo....

I like to pretend, in my mind, that Syd is from Lar-sans blood... just kidding!hammer

I personally would rather have a "purebred" dog with no papers...then a registered with hung papers
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 12:03 am

Sydney wrote:
keith wrote:

I like to pretend, in my mind, that Syd is from Lar-sans blood... just kidding!hammer

I personally would rather have a "purebred" dog with no papers...then a registered with hung papers
She is definetly some type of quality stock,I like to pretnd mongos a pure bred amstaff but i have the sneaking suspision he has a mastiff of some type up in the wood work.......
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 12:09 am

Yeah Rocky's Jeep all the way..lmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 12:35 am

oh yeah Just like Sway and Lugz are pure bully, no hung papers anywhere in those lines.

biglaugh
Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 1:29 am

keith wrote:

She is definetly some type of quality stock,I like to pretnd mongos a pure bred amstaff but i have the sneaking suspision he has a mastiff of some type up in the wood work.......

Thanks Keith, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to get a compliment like that from you!! woohoo
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 1:47 am

Sydney wrote:
keith wrote:

Thanks Keith, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to get a compliment like that from you!! woohoo
Well if that's the case i'll keep them coming,heheh!! drink
Back to top Go down
bahamutt99
V.I.P.
bahamutt99

Female
Number of posts : 182
Personalized field : Glutton for Punishment
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 4:35 am

Sydney wrote:

Ayo. I know you aint rippin' on Lar-San. nunchucks
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 10:17 am

bahamutt99 wrote:
Sydney wrote:

Ayo. I know you aint rippin' on Lar-San. nunchucks

??
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2008, 5:59 pm

I thought I was the only one who liked to pretend to know where their dogs come from. Loki bears quite a bit of resemblance to the old Colby dogs. IMO, not quite as leggy though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unregistered lines???   unregistered lines??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

unregistered lines???
Page 1 of 1