American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fact Or Myth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
Fact Or Myth Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Fact Or Myth Right_bar_bleue

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:18 pm

I have been told that pitbulls of the opposite sex are most likely to get along better in the home. And that if your going to have more than 1 pitbull in the same home you should have one male and one female to prevent fighting. What is your idea about this? And does having 2 of the same sex pit bulls that are neutered prevent aggression or help reduce the fighting?
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:19 pm

Yes yes and maybe! LOL. Yeah, having opposed genders prevents fights, but it's not 100%. It's not so much a myth as it is fact. But, I do have a male that has gotten into it with both of my females. Neutering helps alot, but again, it's not 100%. The most common thing said about pit bull ownership is that they should be in single dog homes. Man, I learned that one the hard way!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:24 pm

It's not a guarantee but their is a better chance of them getting along..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:24 pm

LOL hehehehe don't I know it !!!
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:26 pm

RedDoggy wrote:
Yes yes and maybe! LOL. Yeah, having opposed genders prevents fights, but it's not 100%. It's not so much a myth as it is fact. But, I do have a male that has gotten into it with both of my females. Neutering helps alot, but again, it's not 100%. The most common thing said about pit bull ownership is that they should be in single dog homes. Man, I learned that one the hard way!!!

I agree. And when it comes to having a male and female, I think it only works if the female doesn't decide to be dominant. If she tries to dominate, trust me blood will be drawn.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:31 pm

To say the least!!!
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:34 pm

LOL @ NES ONE I am having that problem now my pups are 12 weeks female and male. Sadie is a monster LOL. She is constantly bothering the male poor simba he just looks at me like please make this girl leave me alone. She just plays really ruff with him. Well I think he has had enough of her. Because he started to nip back at her and really not take her crap like he did when I first brought them home. I will have to see how it goes as they grow. I carry my water bottle around 24/7 LOL
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 6:44 pm

Yup, and the worst part is that Simba might end up building a distrust towards any other dog, thus become dog aggressive all together. He's going to be thinking "ah man, is this dog going to mess with me too?"
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 7:00 pm

NesOne wrote:
Yup, and the worst part is that Simba might end up building a distrust towards any other dog, thus become dog aggressive all together. He's going to be thinking "ah man, is this dog going to mess with me too?"

I hope not I guess I will have to wait and see. I was going to spay and neuter them soon. Maybe that will help.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Warnings :

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 7:05 pm

Speutering is GREAT!!! Hey, just to make it more effective, do it as early as possible. If you get them done before the big hormonal surge then they will be less likely to ever pick up fighting. But take my word for it, once they start they will continue and they will get better and better at it. I have two females, crate and rotate is a normal saying around here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fact Or Myth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fact Or Myth   Fact Or Myth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fact Or Myth
Page 1 of 1