American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :
A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Right_bar_bleue

A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Empty
PostSubject: A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK   A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Icon_minitimeTue 21 Oct 2008, 11:02 pm

Scott Tankard doesn’t know exactly how long he fought off two dogs Saturday morning while he was running down Alexandria Drive in north Macon.

“The dogs wouldn’t let me go,” Tankard said Monday. “It was very terrifying actually.”

The man who was supposed to direct the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this Saturday called the attack a mauling. The 7-inch gash on his right calf, sprained ankle and wound on his hand will keep him from the race, he said.

Tankard, 53, said he was jogging about 10 a.m. when a mixed-breed dog lying on the grass in front of 104 Alexandria Drive started barking at him. He had encountered two other dogs at that house before, a boxer and a Labrador retriever, that routinely barked at him and charged toward the invisible boundary of their electric fence, Tankard said.

This time, the boxer charged through the boundary with the Labrador retriever following behind. The boxer ripped the back of his hand in two while the Labrador retriever got a good grip on his leg, he said. The unfamiliar mixed breed dog didn’t attack.

Tankard charged through them, thinking if he got on the other side of the invisible barrier, he might be safe.

In his haste to run, he fell in the yard, rolled and got back up, he said. When the dogs kept coming at him and biting at his legs, he sought refuge on the porch and began calling out for help. With the dogs snarling and barking, he was cornered on the right side of the porch where apparently no one was home, he said.

He kept screaming until a neighbor came to his aid. The 5-foot-10 inch, 180-pound teacher at the Georgia Academy for the Blind doesn’t know how long he cried out for help.

“I left a lot of blood on the owner’s porch.”

A neighbor called an ambulance and the crew rescued him from the porch.

“The ambulance backed up the driveway to the porch and opened its doors,” he said.

Tankard spent five hours in the emergency room of The Medical Center of Central Georgia receiving treatment for his seven wounds. He was at the doctor’s office for another three hours Monday and will go back again Wednesday, he said.

He hasn’t been able to reach the owners of the dogs, John and Sarah Wright, A phone message left for John Wright at the phone number listed on the Macon police report was not immediately returned.

Jim Johnson, director of Macon’s Animal Control Department, said the dogs have no prior history of bites and were current on their rabies shots. The animals are being quarantined at their home for 10 days, Johnson said.

“They were given a citation for the dogs being loose, but we’re not real sure that’s what happened,” Johnson said.

The Macon police report states the Wrights have the invisible boundary fence but the batteries in the dogs’ collars were run down.

After the quarantine, Animal Control officers will visit the dogs to make sure they are fine,

Tankard said it was unnerving to see the dogs still at the property.
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK   A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008, 5:06 am

Okay, what does this story signify? That it's not usually a pit bull? I think there are a couple holes in this story....
I found that both German and American boxers tend to be very friendly and I think that this person who these dogs attacked is not telling the entire truth. Again, who's porch did he end up on?
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK   A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008, 7:05 am

If the "mixed breed" dog had joined in he'd surely been a pit bull on the news. And I agree, something doesn't sound right about the story.
Back to top Go down
Kat&askem

Kat&askem

Female
Number of posts : 150
Personalized field : Kumho(coo-moe) being silly
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK   A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Icon_minitimeWed 22 Oct 2008, 11:47 am

the man they are talking about is a big charity big guy..he ended up on the owners porch.He was thinking more then likely if they are home they will get the dogs and two..they got shock boxes on maybe they wont cross the shock line again...I wish u could see the comments on the story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK   A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A LAB AND BOXER ATTACK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Pit Bull :: Odds And Ends :: The Lounge-
Jump to: