American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Removable Spring Pole!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Removable Spring Pole!! Empty
PostSubject: Removable Spring Pole!!   Removable Spring Pole!! Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2008, 5:07 pm

First I would like to say that if I owned my house I would have a Spring pole like Sydneys. But My landlords are jurks so I had to improvise.

I made this for $25 from Lowes. I got everything there except the Bite surface.

Things you will need:
1.Eye Hook (Large enough for the chain to go through)
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260203
2.Chain (length depending on the size of tree being used)
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260200
3. (Qty 3) Locking Karabiners (One smaller than the other two. It has to fit into the chain link.)
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260201
4. Heavy duty spring
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260202
5. Rope (Buy more than you think you will need better to be safe than sorry)
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260204
6. Bite Surface. (Hide, Mini chew tire, Old cloths)
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260198
7. Duct tape or electrical tape.
Directions:
1. Screw the eye hook into the top of a horizontal branch.
- This provides an anchor for the chain so it doesn't move along the branches length.
- Common sense... pull on the branch a few times urself to simulate the dogs movements on the springpole. Make sure it can support his weight plus.

2. Place the chain thru the eye hook so that both ends dangle under the branch.

3. Place the small karabiner thru both end links. Then place the larger one through the small one. Make sure to test the width of the karabiner against the size of the holes in the links of the chain before you buy it.

4. Place the loop of the spring onto the large karabiner and lock it closed.
- Make sure to check the max load on the spring to ensure ur dogs safety. Also very important is to make sure that the karabiner is thick enough not to slip thru the gap on the ring of the spring end. If you look at the pic of the spring you can see what i mean.

5. Place the third karabiner on the other end of the spring and lock it closed.

6. Tie one end of the rope to the karabiner with several knots and then tape the knots so they do not release.
- Tape them the same way you would the grip of a baseball bat or hockey stick.

Removable Spring Pole!! P8260199
7. Check the height of ur dog to where the end of the rope should be and leave alittle extra for knots to attach the grip.
- Your dogs back legs should always be able to touch the ground to prevent injury.

8. Affix gripping item and tape off any knots created.
- I punctured two holes in a deflated soccer ball and threaded the rope thru both then tied and taped it off. Works well for me. Use whatever ur dog likes best.
Here is what it looks like mocked up befor on the tree.
Removable Spring Pole!! P8260205

Good luck and remember to triple check all construction. Your dog will thank you for it.
I will have pictures of it up tomorrow hopefully.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jay (Kanes DAD)
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :
Removable Spring Pole!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Removable Spring Pole!! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Removable Spring Pole!!   Removable Spring Pole!! Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2008, 5:12 pm

Nice! We have that same spring from Lowes and it's just not going to withstand the test of time and two dogs. As soon as we find a heavier duty spring we plan on changing it out. The spring itself is fine, but the hooks on either end tend to unbend. Just FYI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removable Spring Pole!!   Removable Spring Pole!! Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2008, 5:14 pm

Ya I know. I made sure to buy a couple of different springs. Kane just turned 5 months old yesterday so as he grow the springs will too. Thanks for the heads up though
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :
Removable Spring Pole!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Removable Spring Pole!! Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Removable Spring Pole!!   Removable Spring Pole!! Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2008, 11:50 pm

NICE! I like your thought process. Looks like we have a sticky..

"When I start breeding for color I'll sure call them Staffordsires because that's all they will be in a couple of generations". HOWARD HEINZL
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removable Spring Pole!!   Removable Spring Pole!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removable Spring Pole!!
Page 1 of 1