American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLOR BLIND?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :
COLOR BLIND? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100COLOR BLIND? Right_bar_bleue

COLOR BLIND? Empty
PostSubject: COLOR BLIND?   COLOR BLIND? Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008, 3:55 pm

I have always heard that dog are colorblind. Is it theory or fact? I have seen my girl recognize the color "pink", at least. I was throwing a pink ball for her to fetch. On one throw, she missed it, lost it or whatever happened. I knew where it was, but she did not. She started searching around for it, sniffing around like dogs do. She stuck her nose under the couch and pulled out a pink feather that was almost the exact same color. She was obviously surprised by the difference. Spit it out and smelled it. I know she did not locate it by scent, and it did not resemble a ball by any means. Now, this dog will bring me the exact rock i throw in a creek bed, or the exact stick i throw in the woods. So, she does not just indescriminately retrieve things. I'm going to say she saw the color. What do you guys think? Coincidence? Anybody seen a dog recognize color?
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

COLOR BLIND? Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLOR BLIND?   COLOR BLIND? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 10:10 am

I've wondered this myself. I cant picture them being color blind, not completely anyway. If I was to guess I would say that possibly they see the world through a different color spectrum. Kind of like when you are wearing those orange collored sun glasses..I'll be watching this topic as I'm curious about others thoughts..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
gingereli

Number of posts : 22
Warnings :

COLOR BLIND? Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLOR BLIND?   COLOR BLIND? Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008, 10:13 am

I don't think they could be either, maybe a different color spectrum I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

COLOR BLIND? Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLOR BLIND?   COLOR BLIND? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLOR BLIND?
Page 1 of 1