American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marty
V.I.P.
Marty

Male
Number of posts : 202
Warnings :
Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Right_bar_bleue

Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Empty
PostSubject: Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban   Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2008, 10:42 pm

11 June 2008

THE NETHERLANDS - Dutch Agriculture Minister Gerda Verburg has announced she will scrap the ban on owning and breeding pit bull terriers and related breeds.

The ban was introduced in 1993 after three children were bitten to death by pit bull terriers. The ban allowed police to seize dogs and have them put down purely on the basis of their appearance.

The minister has decided to scrap the ban because it has not led to a reduction in the number of biting incidents.

Verburg wants to introduce a new measure in which dogs are judged by their behaviour rather than breed. She also wants to increase the information provided to dog owners.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/articles/...-bull-ban.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-dog.com/
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :
Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Right_bar_bleue

Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban   Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2008, 11:57 am

It's funny how some folks just gotta learn the hard way. Reminds me of my young son. Got it all figured out and as cluless as he could be.
Back to top Go down

Dutch Agriculture Minister scraps pit bull ban
Page 1 of 1