American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

earthquakes and dogs

Go down 
+4
Admin
NesOne
BlueBullyBabe
locote6174
8 posters
AuthorMessage
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :
earthquakes and dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100earthquakes and dogs Right_bar_bleue

earthquakes and dogs Empty
PostSubject: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:36 pm

just was in my first earthquake and wow it scared the @#$% out of me, pitta started barking a few seconds before it happened i didnt know dogs can sense these things. every dog in the neighborhood is barking now. ive heard of some dogs being able to sense cancer and other sicknesses in people but eathquakes. wow
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :
earthquakes and dogs Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100earthquakes and dogs Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:40 pm

My kids can sense when I storm is coming they get all aggitated. (sp)

But I have heard of dogs/animals predicting earth quakes. I think they are more sensative to the deep rumblings heh.

Glad you are all okay though.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:57 pm

Yeah, their senses definitely can tip you off, but the problem is that once you notice they are acting weird, you're in the middle of the shaking, lol.

Congratulations locote on your 1st quake thumbsup I didn't feel this one, since I was on the first floor of our bldg here at work, which is basically burroughed into the mountain side. You talk about getting scared, the Northridge earthquake in 94 really scared me, since I lived in the San Fernando Valley back then.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 5:39 pm

Yeah I do believe they are using schnauzers for detecting cancer..
I bet those earth quakes are something else, glad we don't have them here..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
keith

Male
Number of posts : 63
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 6:26 pm

I remember the earthquake of 89 around here,and man the pool turned into a giant tital wave,it was thrashing back and forth,and i was 90 miles from the epicenter,and the local dogs were freaking out,it was kinda cool......
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 12:41 am

Glad you are okay, I was watching the coverage on CNN at lunch today.

I hope it's not the beginning of a string of large quakes, from what I hear Cali has had a bit of a "dry spell" as far as quakes go lately.
Back to top Go down
locote6174

locote6174

Male
Number of posts : 128
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 1:10 am

we had almost 30 aftershocks so far some we felt some we didnt. i know one thing this'll be my last one im outta here before california is an island hide
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 1:20 am

Well, we here in Washington are overdue for "the big one". You should probably move far far away from the pacific rim.
Back to top Go down
NesOne
NesOne

Male
Number of posts : 505
Personalized field : OH WELL...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 1:07 pm

locote6174 wrote:
we had almost 30 aftershocks so far some we felt some we didnt. i know one thing this'll be my last one im outta here before california is an island hide

Come on now, it's not that bad grin . No matter where you go, there is some kind of mother nature issue... 'mother' + 'issues' do I see a connection? LOL. Would you rather experience an earthquake every 10-15 years? or....

everyone please feel free to post the intervals between tornados, floodings, mud slides, snowstorms, volcanic eruptions, extreme rain, etc...
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 5:36 pm

You could always live in a dried up lake bed 100ft below sea level..
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul 2008, 6:01 pm

Carriana wrote:
Well, we here in Washington are overdue for "the big one". You should probably move far far away from the pacific rim.

hey now, don't say that Wink then again i could go for the whole tsunami off the OR coast, based on models i would have ocean front property, at least for a day or two lol!! JK, i really don't wish for that to happen, cause i know it would be one of the days we decided to go to the coast.
Dogs can predict storms because they are more sencitive to the barometric pressure, and especially thunderstorms because they can sence the extra electricity in the air. survival tactics, you don't want to be sitting in the middle of an open field and have a downpour happen and get washed away. i would assume the earthquake thing would be similar Question
good juob making it through your first one!!
Back to top Go down
Cleo_APBT

Cleo_APBT

Female
Number of posts : 16
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitimeThu 31 Jul 2008, 1:48 pm

Hey! I just noticed you're located in San Jacinto! I hate that part of the valley. LOL

I actually laughed after the earthquake ended.... but it probably wasn't as funny elsewhere. Laughing Just think it's a funny sensation when your house jumps up and down for a second or two.

It's really not that bad.... I think I heard somewhere that that was the biggest quake we've had in about 10 years, so it's not a regular thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/im4dogz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: earthquakes and dogs   earthquakes and dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

earthquakes and dogs
Page 1 of 1