American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs

Go down 
+8
megz
Carriana
RedDoggy
Shades
bahamutt99
NesOne
buzhunter
BlueBullyBabe
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shades

Male
Number of posts : 148
Warnings :
Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:31 am

don't wanna take credit for this, this is from cane76 at GP

the dogmen of old were the first people to keep detailed pedigrees in the dog world,and the apbt been around for almost 200 years.so it should come as no suprise that there are literally thousands of diffrent bloodlines out there and nobody knows every single one.also there are many diffrent types in the apbt with in the bloodlines.razors edge,grey line ,watch dog,gotti are usually the blue lines,many of the dogs are built low and wide,of course not all of these dogs are low or wide or even blue,but the line are typified by these types.As well there is the ruffian line of am staff,and gaff blood lines that are generaly show dogs,many of the afore mentioned lines of apbt are duel registered as am/staffs also which is much more common in the bully strains than game dogs or the larger blood lines.
Then youve got the game dogs.Youll here bloodlines and names such as fastlane,eli,alligator and others such as tudor,carver,mayfield,sorrell,alot of these lines are named after dogs,or the dog men but they are typified by dogs built only for gameness and skill in the fighting pit,they are generaly smaller dogs and come out in a multitude of colors,these types are the true types of apbt and bred only for function,many of these lines were used to found other strains of apbt and amstaff.
Then youll get the lines that once were game but now are both pet and working stock or show dogs,
Lines such as the old family red nose strain carry names like,wilder,hemphill,norrod,wallace and are dogs with red noses,coats,toenails,and eyes,not all red nose dogs are ofrn.Many of todays ofrn dogs are a bit on the larger side,but the apbt in general seems to run a bit bigger now.
the colby line falls under this description also,once a top fighting strain,it is now much more of a show dog and arguably the most famouse line of apbt.
Lastly you find the big dogs,dogs of 100 pounds and up,names like whopper,eddington,chevy reddog are common,these dogs a mastiff types of pitbull and largly unpure but still registered as apbts,these dogs are almost striktly weight pull dogs,although some are used as catch dogs and protection dogs.They have a marked diffrence in temperment also,90% of apbts are human friendly but many of these large dogs are not...
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :
Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 2:56 am

To me there is even much, much more to being a so called bully breed than meets the eye. In my attempt to know what is what, a bullie is amstaff lines with apbt lines (sleeping cousins if you will). (pit-staffies) almost like breeding a lion and a tiger (liger) huge compared to the parents(for lack of a better term) of the offspring. These other dogs that have barrel looks and leg length problems are just really bad breeding of what is already started or some one else messing with a system that would have worked. so tell me how wrong I am with saying a bullie was originally breed with amstaff and abpt bloodlines. copy and paste and repost what I am missing. I wanna see how others precieve what I have posted above. The reason for this, is there are people that have a problem with a breed, if we did that with our human counter parts that would be racism. And from what I was told in the past before I found this info that a bully would have american bulldog, apbt, amstaff and bull mastiff, but from my previous post I see no lines of bull mastiff or american bulldog. DO YOU?????
Back to top Go down
MSK
Greeter
MSK

Female
Number of posts : 240
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 3:07 am

Shades wrote:
To me there is even much, much more to being a so called bully breed than meets the eye. In my attempt to know what is what, a bullie is amstaff lines with apbt lines (sleeping cousins if you will). (pit-staffies) almost like breeding a lion and a tiger (liger) huge compared to the parents(for lack of a better term) of the offspring. These other dogs that have barrel looks and leg length problems are just really bad breeding of what is already started or some one else messing with a system that would have worked. so tell me how wrong I am with saying a bullie was originally breed with amstaff and abpt bloodlines. copy and paste and repost what I am missing. I wanna see how others precieve what I have posted above. The reason for this, is there are people that have a problem with a breed, if we did that with our human counter parts that would be racism. And from what I was told in the past before I found this info that a bully would have american bulldog, apbt, amstaff and bull mastiff, but from my previous post I see no lines of bull mastiff or american bulldog. DO YOU?????

To be honest who ever said anythign about mastiff and American bulldog were way off those two are to big of breeds to be causing some of these vertically challenged bullies I would possibly say olde english but not and american bulldog. Now yes I can believe some of these dogs may be just from selective breeding the bes short and wide froma combo of amstaff and apbt lines but there are some if you look at the ancestors went way to fast froma staff looking dog to a straight up bully those are the ones I'd question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like bullies just not my cup of tea. Now i don't agree with most claiming them to be just apbt's thats my only problem with the ppl who have them not the dogs. I have said plenty of times though if I ever did go bully I'd have to go to someone like Saurez Bulls b/c atleast they are still keeping a correct dog just short and wide.
Back to top Go down
http://tntforum.heavenforum.com
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 3:15 am

Not when someone is setting out a goal of making an AmBully, perhaps not. But in Dave's quote he did say that:
Even
the part of the lineage that is American pit bull terrier stems from
United Kennel Club-registered conformation show dogs! There is also an
American Kennel Club-registered show breed in the lineage of this breed
called the American Staffordshire terrier. Some breeders even included
some bulldog lineage into their breeding
. This breed has been
established for over 10 years now.
So from what I gather, the founder of the breed did not use Bulldog or Mastiff, but he also didn't really speak out about what one would or should mix in to make the breed, he was doing his thing, and I would say that other people took his good idea and added their own ingredients. So I would go so far as to say that there is probably a clearly defined AmBully, and then there's the poorly bred bully. Back Yard Bully if you will.

I have seen websites selling "Pit Bulls" that were actually AmBullies, and some of which looked like they were at least half French Bulldog!
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 3:35 am

thanks C. but in his quote he says some breeders, not him so even from the start, they were messing with something that may have been a good thing, who knows. but as to my original post on page one, peace! if I wanted to argue about stupid stuff I would get off this computer and look in the mirror and argue with myself! I am a member of many forums. This one and GP, and alot of car forums, and IMHO there is nothing worse than talking to people about dogs, atleast pitbulls or whatever they are called today. YUP i am calmed down I just wanted to post some of my findings this is only a 100th of what I have found and read. pretend you are a newb to the breed and google pitbulls its soooo deceving(repeat). not trying to piss any one off but if i did good if I didnt sorry
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
V.I.P.
buzhunter

Male
Number of posts : 347
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 6:17 am

EASY, Shades. No need for me to go websurfing for fabricated interviews and BSing fad breeders attempting to justify their apparent misundersatndings of the APBT. I've been watching this fad develop for many, many years with my own two eyes. It seems to me that you are the only one who misunderstood my post. Sorry if I offended you but I tend not to sugar coat my opinion or beat around the bush. You say you own an AMBully? Good, then you have my respect. Pride in your breed means a lot to me and was the point I was trying to make. beer
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 6:52 am

LOL .. Just so happend I have been in this debate before at one point myself (looks around) ... I won't go too deep here.. But just be happy with what you have and work on keeping your dog conditioned and healthy. I like some of the older R/E dogs and some of the current bullys out there who are not too bulky. I think sway is a good example of a nice looking well bred bully. I am curious to see what he looks like full grown. But for him being a bully breed he is well proportioned and I think he will do well in whatever Blue decides to do with him. Shades I think you also have a great looking dog. Keep him in shape and don't overfeed him and work him you have paper's on him. There is potential for the bully's out there try to promote a positive image for them and don't worry about what people say there will always be someone who does not like something. But hey that's life right? I don't want to see you go shades your a good guy and we have much love you and your pup. I personally want to see more of him and what you plan on doing with him. I look at bully breeds as crosses there is no denying that apbt is in their blood along with amstaffy, bulldog, oe bulldog, and whatever else the breeder's are cross breeding these dogs with. Never feel bad for what you own your dog is blue like mine and a few other's on here and he is a handsome guy with potential. I have heard people talk crap about blue dogs like they are the antichrist but guess what I have also seen some tight a$$ blue dogs that are pure 100% apbt working and showing just like the rest of them.I own a blue apbt and I know my pup turns head's wherever she goes. And she will def be pulling when she get's older. People have their preferences and opinions sometimes you have to just take the bad with the good and move forward. I think alot of fad breeder's have cuased alot of negativity for both the breeds and as owner's all we can do is work against the negative by staying positive and doing positive things with our dogs. So keep your head high and have pride in your bully shades if you don't know one else will!!!
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Number of posts : 477
Personalized field : Possessed By The Devil... AKA RedDoggy!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 3:47 pm

Sway=Female (hehe its okay guys a lot of people think she's a boy)

Aww Thanks Sadie Embarassed
I am hoping to bring some credibility back to the line. We start our weight pull training next month-finally.
I love love love my girl and yes I -wanted- a blue dog, since I was about 14.

This post was really just meant to be a "hmm that interesting" thread..sorry if it got outta hand, just wanted to show that RE dogs werent always what they are now (which I think are adorabull too btw)
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 6:33 pm

I'm sorry B I know I keep calling sway a him.. I apoligize LOL.. SWAY is a beautiful bully girl I hope she does great things. I don't have an issue with the post.. R/E which I think had some thrwoing knuckles mixed in def in the beginning had some tight stock. Everyone has their own preference I wanted a blue dog too!!! I was just not willing to fork 3,000 out for one LOL... But you have die hard red dog fans and so on. Just a matter of preference IMO. But I think it's good for bully/apbt owner's to be educated on the differences between the two breeds. This whole topic reminds me sort of how the AKC seperated the amstaff and apbt because of the association with fighting. In my eyes I still see the amstaff and apbt as the same dog. But I am sure that is highly debatable. And I also think blue is an orginal amstaffy color .. But here again JMO
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 6:36 pm

Blue was origionally an AmStaff color, we had that discussion over on GPB. :)
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Number of posts : 63
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:18 pm

am staff is were the blue color could be found in any type of #'s,however it supposedly was imported to the usa through scotish fighting dogs,then bred into
the american fighting dogs.
Now were these dogs apbt's that were generations deep and true to type or were they f1,f2[so on and so forth]battle crosses?
thats a question well never know.
heres a photo youll like for sure,old ch amstaff from late 1950's,deep blue coat color,this is the oldest photo ive ever found of a blue...
Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Ast1
Back to top Go down
BlueBullyBabe
V.I.P.
BlueBullyBabe

Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:21 pm

Do you know that dogs name Keith?
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:51 pm

i do,ill have to find it for you..
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 9:37 pm

keith wrote:
am staff is were the blue color could be found in any type of #'s,however it supposedly was imported to the usa through scotish fighting dogs,then bred into
the american fighting dogs.
Now were these dogs apbt's that were generations deep and true to type or were they f1,f2[so on and so forth]battle crosses?
thats a question well never know.
heres a photo youll like for sure,old ch amstaff from late 1950's,deep blue coat color,this is the oldest photo ive ever found of a blue...
Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Ast1

That's a pretty dog !! Thanks Keith for posting up the photo !!
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:06 am

read some of these post on this link about 8 or 9 down

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/132176281

Last edited by Shades on Sat 26 Jul 2008, 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:08 am

Sadieblues wrote:
LOL .. Just so happend I have been in this debate before at one point myself (looks around) ...

Whatchoo lookin' at?!?!

LOL

Good post though!
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sydney

Sydney

Female
Number of posts : 220
Personalized field : So Misunderstood...
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:26 am

whoa...what the heck happened in here... hammer
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:42 am

Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:46 am

For all the actual negative posts that were put up in this thread, there were about 5 times more helpful ones which people chose to put up to help educate.

Guess which ones people are going to choose to remember?
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:47 am

Sydney wrote:
whoa...what the heck happened in here... hammer

The usual...
Back to top Go down
Shades

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 1:48 am

Carriana wrote:
For all the actual negative posts that were put up in this thread, there were about 5 times more helpful ones which people chose to put up to help educate.

Guess which ones people are going to choose to remember?

the negative. to each their own i guess
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2008, 5:12 am

The positive should always be remembered in every situation !!
Back to top Go down
keith

Male
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2008, 1:11 am

american bully's is a mix of many breeds,including mastiff breeds,old english bulldogs,english bulldogs,french bulldogs and posably more,thats clear to most...
also amstaff and duel registered apbt is in there and of course generations upon generations back game bred dogs are in there,as they appear in all amstaff and apbts eventualy,if you venture far enough back in there pedigrees..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs   Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Origional Razors Edge Dogs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2