American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

corn allergies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
megz

megz

Female
Number of posts : 79
Warnings :
corn allergies Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100corn allergies Right_bar_bleue

corn allergies Empty
PostSubject: corn allergies   corn allergies Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2008, 2:14 am

so she isn't an apbt but she puts up with ours so that counts.... my sis's st bernard shepard mix had pretty much "chewed" all of her fur off and all the vet wanted to do was put her on medication. so after trying some natural treatments to no avail she went down to the local pet store (where most of my money goes lol) and ask one of the ladies there. they recommended a hypoallergenic food, no corn or corn by-products and an allergy shampoo and just within 3 days she has stopped her incesant itching!! what a cheap and easy fix to a massive problem. hopefully her fur will grow back well, she looks funny bald Wink just snother reminder that sometimes the easy fix IS the way to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carriana
V.I.P.
Carriana

Female
Number of posts : 298
Personalized field : U.C.
Warnings :
corn allergies Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100corn allergies Right_bar_bleue

corn allergies Empty
PostSubject: Re: corn allergies   corn allergies Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2008, 6:12 pm

I totally agree! Loki was vomitting about two-three times daily and all the vet wanted to do was exploratory surgery for a blockage. Well, he was still pooping (liquid, but it was still coming out), so I switched to Canidae Lamb and Rice and viola! No more stomach problems. Saved thousands of dollars by going with my instincts and not listening to the vet. Not that you shouldn't listen to your vet, but sometimes a mom knows better.
Back to top Go down

corn allergies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
American Pit Bull :: The Pit :: Health & Nutrition-
Jump to: