American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ Right_bar_bleue

Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ Empty
PostSubject: Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ   Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 7:11 am

Understanding Your Pit Bull: Training Tips to Make Your Life Easier
By Jason Mann

Did you happen to catch the special about pampered pets with Al Roker a few weeks ago?

It was not only interesting it was amazing at the lengths people go to pamper their pets.

A limo service for a Chihuahua?

$45,000 for real diamond earrings?

Like I said, I was amazed at some of the things people do for their pets and this touches directly on today's article.

Pit Bulls are Not
People, They are Dogs
Dogs follow a natural plan.

1. They are animals.

2. They are dogs (a type of animal).

3. They are a breed (a type of dog).

4. They are our companion.

Nothing can change this.

$45,000 earrings won't make your dog a well-behaved dog. They might look great while they are crapping your shoes though! :o)

Training your Pit Bull starts with understanding the four facts mentioned above.

Follow the Natural Laws Your Pit Bull Understands and You Can Train them to do Anything You Want
Knowing the natural laws your Pit Bull follows will help you understand them and give you an advantage when it comes to training them.

How do you follow the natural law? Simple you...

Treat them like a dog. They are dogs and should not be expected to act like people. They have to have dog rules set in place for them to thrive.

Centuries of following a certain plan in the way of the world is ingrained in their DNA. As I said before, all the foo-foo luxuries in the world do not replace their instincts to be dogs.

Work with their instincts. Pit Bulls are born and bred to tug, fetch (prey drive like chasing down a bull or hog), and want big challenges.

They are not lap dogs. Pit Bulls need a job or activity that both challenges them physically and mentally. For example, weight pulling offers both a physical challenge and a mental challenge. I want to repeat myself here...

They need a job or activity that both challenges them physically and mentally. It is that important for their overall well being.

Give them affection because they have earned it. Finally, once they are physically and mentally fulfilled they deserve your affection. This is the time to spoil them and not a second before.

Once you get the idea of working with your dogs instincts and giving them what they really need you will start to see drastic changes in their behavior.

In Summary
One the quickest ways to solve behavior problems and to train your Pit Bull is to give them the following things:

Exercise.

Mental stimulation.

Affection.

Give them these things in that order and watch as your Pit Bull turns into a well behaved companion you can be proud of.
Back to top Go down

Understanding Your Pit Bull/ Make Life EZ
Page 1 of 1