American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Too Much Barking???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
Too Much Barking??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Too Much Barking??? Right_bar_bleue

Too Much Barking??? Empty
PostSubject: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 1:18 am

If you have a Pit Bull who barks non-stop here's five tips to help you teach them to quiet down.

Barking is a normal behavior. However, excessive barking is simply annoying.

Five Ways to Stop Your Pit Bull from Barking too Much
Give them plenty of exercise: There is a saying in the world of Pit Bulls, "A tired Pit Bull is a good Pit Bull."

If you find yourself hearing barking at all hours of the night you might want to look at how much exercise your dog is getting.

They could be bored and barking is a way of letting go of some of that stress.

Give them plenty of exercise every single day.

Acknowledge them: Walk over and give them a bit of praise.

Pit Bulls are attention nuts which can lead to barking to get your attention

Walk over and give them a very small amount of praise and let them know you heard them.

I have found this to work for me personally with my dog Honey.

Make Your Own Doggy Rattle: Rattles are to dogs as fingernails on blackboards are to people.

Take a soda can or bottle and put some coins or rocks inside.

When your dog starts barking shake your rattle.

This will cause them to focus on you and be quiet long enough for you to call them to you or tell them to quiet down.

When You Speak, Speak in a Normal Tone and Don't Scold them
Squirt Bottle Surprise: When your dog starts barking let them know you would like them to stop by telling them "enough." In a firm but not scolding voice.

After you do this give them a shot with a squirt bottle.

You won't need to do this to many times because they will eventually put the word enough together with the squirt.

Once they get squirted a few times the word will be enough to stop them from barking.

Ignore them: One of the reasons for excessive barking is getting your attention.

If they don't listen to you after you tell them to quit walk away.

This works for dogs seeking attention.

They will seek you out and stop the barking by seeing where you are going.

Mail Man = Good Stuff: Does your dog flip out when people come over?

Ask them to bring a treat and give it to your dog.

Your dog will start to see them as friends and not threats. Which will help curb or stop your dog from going nuts when they come over.

Note: If you want a guard dog get a Poodle. :o)

Summary
One of the mistakes people make when they are training their dogs it they don't know when to move on to something new.

Usually a week or two is long enough to know if the training tip is going to work or not. If you find yourself not getting any results after a week or two move on to the next tip..

Ref-Jason Mann
Back to top Go down
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :
Too Much Barking??? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Too Much Barking??? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 1:28 am

Good Info red .. I see you have found something to do ... BTW your avitar is soo adorable afro
Back to top Go down
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 2:01 am

Thank you so kindly! worthy
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1050
Personalized field : BACK IN ACTION!
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2008, 5:52 pm

Ha! Mine didn't talk enough, I taught mine to bark..They were too quiet..lmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.americanpitbull-forums.com
Sadieblues
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sadieblues

Female
Number of posts : 722
Personalized field : WISE GUY
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 9:23 am

LOL @ ec.. Mine are in kennels indoor and are covered up so I don't worry about them barking LOL
Back to top Go down
pitmamma

pitmamma

Female
Number of posts : 167
Personalized field : \"Lurker\"
Warnings :

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul 2008, 12:52 pm

Good info..thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Barking???   Too Much Barking??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Much Barking???
Page 1 of 1