American Pit Bull
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Pit Bull

The American Icon. The American Pit Bull Terrier.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big named dogs/linked articles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedDoggy
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
RedDoggy

Male
Number of posts : 764
Personalized field : A Fan Of StockYardKennels
Warnings :
Big named dogs/linked articles Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Big named dogs/linked articles Right_bar_bleue

Big named dogs/linked articles Empty
PostSubject: Big named dogs/linked articles   Big named dogs/linked articles Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2008, 3:00 am

http://www.sporting-dog.com/stories.html

Big named dogs/linked articles Harpo3
Better than Red Boy? Absolutely!... With the constant evolution of this breed many new lines come to the surface that prove that this breed is truly in a state of flux. Mr. Jeep has written articles over the years that have proven themselves. Today we are taking a look at what is truly the next generation of dogs that are here today, but will continue to make a significant impact on this breed for at least the next decade. Take the time to read this new article by Mr. Jeep, as it is a must read for those that are serious about this breed both now and in the years to come.
Garner's CH. Chinaman (ROM)... The Legend wrote this article some time back, and later allowed me to reproduce it for all to enjoy. I get a regular stream of people that are always asking me what Ch. Chinaman ROM was all about, and I figured it was time to get the true story about this great dog out to everyone. Not only was Ch. Chinaman ROM a tremendous bulldog, but his name has become associated with one of the greatest lines to ever grace the face of this breed. Ch. Chinaman ROM is also known as being the catalyst behind the greatest producer in history; Garner's Frisco ROM. The Chinaman line has no doubt produced some of the finest bulldogs the world has ever seen, and has proven over and over that it can cross into literally any line with exceptional results.
Indian Bolio (ROM)... The Historian recounts his views of one of the most influential dogs to grace the face of the American Pit Bull Terrier. Indian Bolio (ROM) the dog is the basis for one of the most successful lines that the American Pit Bull Terrier has ever seen. Take a read of why Bolio has made such an impact to the American Pit Bull Terrier breed as a whole.
How It Looks To Me - by Howard Heinzl/1955... Written by the late Howard Heinzl himself. This article appeared in the old Bloodlines Magazine that once embraced this great breed, but has long since turned its back on this part of history. Take a walk back in time with one of the most legendary dog men of his time, as he recounts some of his fondest memories of the great American Pit Bull Terrier, and the fanciers that enjoyed the breed during his time.
Red Boy... I wrote this article about 6 years ago under the handle of Mr. Jeep. Rich Warren was running a website back then and was one of the first to bring true information about the "Game Bred" American Pit Bull Terrier to the Internet. I never kept copies of what I wrote, other than the ones I had on paper, so I contacted my friend Elvis and asked him if I could use the articles that he had on his site that I wrote back then. I also used the handle of Mr. Jeep while running a few different mailing lists about 5 to 6 years back. This is an article about the Red Boy line of dogs. There are subsequent articles on this site that go into more detail about how this line was bred, and why it has become so popular. I've also listed some of the lines that this blood has crossed well with as well as some of the more well known dogs that have become associated with it.
Garrett's Ch. Jeep (ROM)... A good article which has been put together with information and opinions from various about one of the most well know dogs ever to grace the face of this great breed. Garrett's Ch. Jeep (ROM) is a legendary piece of history in the world of the American Pit Bull Terrier. This article should help enlighten those that have always wanted more information about Jeep.
Hunter Red... As mentioned above I wrote this article as well under the handle of Mr. Jeep. It's a small bit of information about Hunter Red and where he came from, who owned him, and how his was as a producer, as well as a prospect. It also talks in general terms about some excellent dogs that came off of Robert H.'s yard. The dogs in question are Ch. Honey, Gr. Ch. Hurricane Hugo, Gr. Ch. Schotzie, Pate's Bo, and the best of them all, Dolly, who was stolen while Robert H. was away serving his country during the Gulf War.
More Red Boy Info... This is another article that I wrote under the handle of Mr. Jeep. It gives more detailed information about the Red Boy line, and how it was established. It also lists some of the more famous dogs that came off of this line during the time I wrote it. There are some excellent producing dogs that have come to the forefront since then that are a Jeep/Red Boy cross that are not mentioned here. I will work on an updated story in the near future that will list more of the current producers as well as some of the more successful crosses that have come around lately using Red Boy blood in a significant amount in their breeding. Again a great thanks to Elvis for keeping these articles around and saving me a pile of typing.
Boudreaux' Eli... This is the last article that I wrote under the Mr. Jeep handle. It is about one of the most influential lines ever created. The Eli line of bulldog is highly regarded as having significant mouth, as well as being successfully crossed into most other lines. It is also a strong line on its own. The Eli line is behind more successful dogs today than any other line of bulldog. Again a great thanks to Elvis for keeping these articles around and saving me a pile of typing.
Back to top Go down

Big named dogs/linked articles
Page 1 of 1